Interesting Top Bars around the World

Here`s what i found today :-):

"The H.R. Giger Bar, aka Skeleton Bar, contrasts dramatically with the bucolic Swiss scenery. The H.R. Giger Bar was designed by Hans Rudi Giger, the Oscar-winning Swiss painter, sculptor, and set designer. He is best known for the design of the Alien set and the alien creature in the movie series. The bar is a cavernous, skeletal structure covered by double arches of vertebrae that crisscross the vaulted ceiling of an ancient castle. “The sensation of being in this extraordinary setting recalls the tale of Jonah and the whale, lending the feel of being literally in the belly of a fossilized, prehistoric beast, or that you have been transported into the remains of a mutated future civilization” (hrgiger.com/barmuseum)."

Read more: http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-unusua...#ixzz1ZZWjvJlN
Wow, this looks awesome! Giger is one of my favorite artists, geek that I am I actually go to Switzerland quite a bit (too much, with the winters there) so I will be sure to hit it up next time I am there! Too bad it's so far from Zurich...

A former favorite of mine was the Karova Milk Bar in Alphabet City - I loved Clockwork Orange and the Kubrick vibe so much, and the DJ scene was awesome icing on the uber cool cake. It's a shame it closed, or else I'm sure it would have made the list.

~Mme X~
Wow, this looks awesome! Giger is one of my favorite artists, geek that I am I actually go to Switzerland quite a bit (too much, with the winters there) so I will be sure to hit it up next time I am there! Too bad it's so far from Zurich...

A former favorite of mine was the Karova Milk Bar in Alphabet City - I loved Clockwork Orange and the Kubrick vibe so much, and the DJ scene was awesome icing on the uber cool cake. It's a shame it closed, or else I'm sure it would have made the list.

~Mme X~ Originally Posted by Madame X
I love Giger too :-). Oh you come to switzerland a lot? Sounds nice :-))). I am there quite often (once a month) as well :-) we should get a drink sometime :-))

Karova Milk Bar sounds awesome, will check it out asap..
Nice list. Have been to Clinic Bar in Singapore, Alcatraz in Ginza Tokyo and Giger in Switzerland. Guácara Taina in DR looks really cool too.