Question for Chicago

Hi Im Crissy Ann, I never been to chicago but been wanting to for along time. Thinking about going next week mainly for fun. Of course. Please help me i dont know what area is best to stay for going out in the night. I luv punk so im sure going to the punk bars. Please let me know what area would be best to have a good time. Mainly wanna walk out side and be close to the night life and take train or bus for day advantures. Thanks Crissyann
Hey Crissy, I travel there quite often and the girls either stay downtown or out by OHare airport. I can't answer on the punk bars.
  • GBN94
  • 04-12-2011, 11:14 PM
1) Do not stay out in the western suburbs. Its a hotbed of LE the past 6 months

2) What remains of the punk scene is in Wicker Park. Go to the Double Door. Its our version of CBGB. There's a another bar, Subterranean, around the corner from there that has bands in that genera sometimes too. And yet another place, the Empty Bottle, is about a half mile away from that. WP is about 10 min west of downtown Chicago. Cabs aplenty and the Damen blueline El stop is about 100 yards away from the DD.

I guess i don't know what else you are looking for nightlife wise but there's about 6 pockets of various (and very different) social scenes within a 4 mile radius of downtown.
Drop me a PM if you have any questions. I go out way too much.