another 4 years

for joe girardi to manage the ny yankkees for over 16.8 million the Yankees are happy that he stayed
for joe girardi to manage the ny yankkees for over 16.8 million the Yankees are happy that he stayed Originally Posted by yankee13
Girardi did an excellent job this year considering roster and plaqued by injuries.
I hope the manager has another great year like this year.

looking forward for a awesome 4 years of Yankee's free playoffs
Used to be a Yankee fan years ago but became soured with them, especially after the addition of “A-Roid”. Can’t even stand to look at the guy. Sorry, no offense to Yankee fans.

Oh, I yearn for the years of Munson, Jackson, Nettles, Randolph, Rivers, Mattingly, Williams, Dent, Chambliss, …even Boggs!!!

Never missed a game on WPIX out of NYC with Phil, Bill, and Frank.

For me, those days are long gone.

But, give credit where credit’s due. Girardi did an excellent job with what he had this year. Any true fan of baseball, on the whole, would conceed that fact.
only current player I like on the Yankee's is Derek Jeter
dang he be getting old. wounder if I would be ok with him on coaching staff somewhere or for the Yankee's

A-Rod can go suck his own rod.

I have always been a whoever plays the Yankee's fan.
You're right. Jeter is a class act. Maybe someday manager?
Any true fan of baseball, on the whole, would conceed that fact. Originally Posted by The Drummer
Yeah, he probably did a decent job. But I would not concede he's worth the price tag.
Yeah, he probably did a decent job. But I would not concede he's worth the price tag. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
Is anyone?
Used to be a Yankee fan years ago but became soured with them, especially after the addition of “A-Roid”. Can’t even stand to look at the guy. Sorry, no offense to Yankee fans.

Oh, I yearn for the years of Munson, Jackson, Nettles, Randolph, Rivers, Mattingly, Williams, Dent, Chambliss, …even Boggs!!!

Never missed a game on WPIX out of NYC with Phil, Bill, and Frank.

For me, those days are long gone.

But, give credit where credit’s due. Girardi did an excellent job with what he had this year. Any true fan of baseball, on the whole, would conceed that fact. Originally Posted by The Drummer
Yeah, he probably did a decent job. But I would not concede he's worth the price tag. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
Damn! I hate mistakes! Thanks, JC.
You're right. Jeter is a class act. Maybe someday manager? Originally Posted by The Drummer
Ummm..... Classy????
Is this the guy that get's his "Driver" to run the girls home with a basket of fruit and an autographed baseball?? Just trying to keep my "Crankees" straight.
If this is the Yankmee that we are talking about....
Just want to know if that is indeed classy????
Ummm..... Classy????
Is this the guy that get's his "Driver" to run the girls home with a basket of fruit and an autographed baseball?? Just trying to keep my "Crankees" straight.
If this is the Yankmee that we are talking about....
Just want to know if that is indeed classy???? Originally Posted by Paulwantsya
No, Paul. I don't think so, unless I missed something. I believe you're referring to "A-Roid". A-Roid's the guy who, while in the on deck circle, writes his phone number on baseballs and has the bat-boy hand them out to women of his choice seated in the stands -- all the while getting paid millions to help his team win. Now, that's a "class act"!
No, Paul. I don't think so, unless I missed something. Originally Posted by The Drummer
I think this is what you missed:

http://nypost.com/2011/12/13/jeter-g...-night-stands/

Not picking a fight.... just don't think "classy" is the word I'd use to describe Jeterd.

Not picking a fight.... just don't think "classy" is the word I'd use to describe Jeterd. Originally Posted by Paulwantsya

Not picking a fight.... just don't think "classy" is the word I'd use to describe Jeterd. Originally Posted by Paulwantsya
Read the article just now. I did miss that. Kinda douche baggish on Jeter's part.
Thanks, Paul.

P.S. I didn't perceive your comment to be picking a fight.

TD
Read the article just now. I did miss that. Kinda douche baggish on Jeter's part.
Thanks, Paul.

P.S. I didn't perceive your comment to be picking a fight.

TD Originally Posted by The Drummer
Sorry TD. Didn't mean to imply that you did. I get PM's regarding my lack of love for the Yankmees and their entitled fans. I also see that you are a "former" fan.... Sometimes I have trouble believing things like that though.....
"Current" Stinkee fans keep telling me that they love The Yanks.... but they hate ARoid. Lots of have their cake and eat it too it seems to me.
And I AM sick of Yankmee fans telling me that "Well sure, you can hate the Yankees, but you HAVE to like Jeter".
Well.... No. I DON'T have to like Jeturd. And I don't.

Now.... we should get back to our very own:
"Go Bill's.... And take the Sabres with you" season .... already in progress.