Feisty, intelligent women.

• oden
  • 05-31-2010, 09:44 PM
In my opinion, the sexiest women are those that challenge you intellectually; but are also visually appealing. A "Babe" is overrated if all she has to offer is the perfect body. Skills and attitude are also important but carriage is more important to me that pure beauty.

What is the essence of pure beauty?
Quality is hard to come by. A pretty smile can get you in but you need communications skills to stay in. Apples are pretty and appealing but i would never "gift" an apple because its shiney! You know what Im saying?
What is the essence of pure beauty? Originally Posted by oden
Kindness, Warmth, Inspiration, Laughter.

Feeling perfectly at peace in their embrace.
  • WTF
  • 06-01-2010, 11:33 AM

What is the essence of pure beauty? Originally Posted by oden
Well that just depends......

....on who you ask.
Well that just depends......

....on who you ask. Originally Posted by WTF
What he said.

Elisabeth
Without trying to quibble, i find a disconnect between Oden's title and the question he poses.

Intelligence is always a huge plus, but how we measure it or you express it can vary greatly. Personally, I like feistiness (or sauciness at elast) as well. But to me those don't really equate to beauty, unless you really mean inner beauty. Even then I know people who aren't necessarily of distinctly above average intelligence (beggin the question of how we measure that) who I find to have great inner beauty (.i.e, i find their character admirable.)

I don't know whether this takes us away from your intended subject, but I certainly don't find conventional beauty (again, measured ???) to correlate all that much with how interesting or sexy I find someone. As examples, I find Grace Kelly to be extraordinarily beautiful, but she isn't an object of erotic fantasy for me because I just don't find her persona appealing.
Depends on the relationship. Girlfriend, temp friend, wife, provider: all different!
perhaps its love, love in its purest form, the wish for the very best for others and the doing of what one can realistically do to further that wish.
Without trying to quibble, i find a disconnect between Oden's title and the question he poses.

Intelligence is always a huge plus, but how we measure it or you express it can vary greatly. Personally, I like feistiness (or sauciness at elast) as well. But to me those don't really equate to beauty, unless you really mean inner beauty. Even then I know people who aren't necessarily of distinctly above average intelligence (beggin the question of how we measure that) who I find to have great inner beauty (.i.e, i find their character admirable.)

I don't know whether this takes us away from your intended subject, but I certainly don't find conventional beauty (again, measured ???) to correlate all that much with how interesting or sexy I find someone. As examples, I find Grace Kelly to be extraordinarily beautiful, but she isn't an object of erotic fantasy for me because I just don't find her persona appealing. Originally Posted by Willen
You pretty much summed up my views here, Willen. I don't believe that intelligence is a significant factor in inner beauty. I have also found that the people I am attracted to most are the ones who are of average or below average looks. This is not to say that attractive people cannot be beautiful, of course! I'm just saying that the most beautiful people to me haven't been the best looking from conventional standards. They were, of course, absolutely gorgeous to me.
You pretty much summed up my views here, Willen. I don't believe that intelligence is a significant factor in inner beauty. I have also found that the people I am attracted to most are the ones who are of average or below average looks. This is not to say that attractive people cannot be beautiful, of course! I'm just saying that the most beautiful people to me haven't been the best looking from conventional standards. They were, of course, absolutely gorgeous to me. Originally Posted by China Doll
I'll posit this example:
... I'm just saying that the most beautiful people to me haven't been the best looking from conventional standards. They were, of course, absolutely gorgeous to me. Originally Posted by China Doll
Agreed
There's an old yarn that applies to this question, well a little. "If you like someone, they become more attractive to you. If you don't like someone, it doesn't matter how attractive they are".

This seems to apply here to some extent. Because first impressions with regard to looks are one thing and men are visual creatures, I understand that. But for a woman, generally, what she will consider "essence" can take many forms and does change as well. At least it is for me.

Elisabeth
Kindness, Warmth, Inspiration, Laughter.

Feeling perfectly at peace in their embrace. Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill
Word!
. Because first impressions with regard to looks are one thing and men are visual creatures, Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
With that in mind, I love, love, LOVE your new avatar - oolala

With that in mind, I love, love, LOVE your new avatar - oolala

Originally Posted by Sydneyb
I noticed it earlier today, and thought...now, there is truly a work of art.