My X is telling people where she works that she's remarried.

She's telling people at work that she remarried a few months ago.
This is important because it means I could stop making spousal support payments. She tells me that she isn't and that she has no idea what I'm talking about. I checked the county records and I don't see a marriage license. However, her SO lives in Michigan and had a place in Frankfurt.
She is a pathological liar so who knows. Is there an online source any of you would recommend?
I could offer some thoughts here, at the risk of being called Captain Obvious....

If she is broadly making the statements and you really think she has remarried you probably have enough for a hearing where she has to answer the question under the threat of perjury...

On the other hand, if you think she's just running her mouth (particularly if you are liable for her legal costs), you may want to leave it be for the time being.
The last person you want to be talking with about this is your X. That's the same as discussing strategy with your enemy. Instead, hire a good private detective and let them gather the evidence. In a case like this, it wouldn't cost much and would be worth every penny when you haul her into court with the facts to back you up.
The last person you want to be talking with about this is your X. That's the same as discussing strategy with your enemy. Instead, hire a good private detective and let them gather the evidence. In a case like this, it wouldn't cost much and would be worth every penny when you haul her into court with the facts to back you up. Originally Posted by John Bull
I agree!

Rather than relying on rumor and innuendo, arm yourself with facts.

I know of a couple of instances where guys spent just a few thousand bucks for good information and saved themselves hundreds or even thousands of times that amount by the end of the ordeal.
1) She is a pathological lire. Would pass a poligraph test.
2) Lawyers are expensive.
3) I know she has told people at work she is married but ,,,, she's a liar.
4) She's not afraid of courts or perjury. So the burden is on me.
5) Satan with tits.
The question then is: How much is she costing you? Then, if she is costing you: How much would you save by stopping your payments to her based on real proof?
1) She is a pathological lire. Would pass a poligraph test.
2) Lawyers are expensive.
3) I know she has told people at work she is married but ,,,, she's a liar.
4) She's not afraid of courts or perjury. So the burden is on me.
5) Satan with tits. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Was she a least a good fuck back in the day?Got to be some redeeming quality there...
Uber crazy. Great fuck.
  • WTF
  • 06-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Uber crazy. Great fuck. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
Marcus....we now know which head rules your world!
Yep. Dammit.
Uber crazy. Great fuck. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
The crazier they are, the better fuck they are!!! Thats a fact!
  • WTF
  • 06-05-2010, 01:04 PM
The crazier they are, the better fuck they are!!! Thats a fact! Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Damn ....Then I need to run mine down to the psych ward. That girl got me fooled into thinking she's an angel that just likes to hump my weenie!

MA, it sounds like you want to know...but don't want to do anything but google an answer.

If you want to do this without spending money...then most of us are gonna have nothing. Since you've checked the marriage records in the county...she is either not married, it hasn't yet been recorded, or she got married somehwere else.
She's telling people at work that she remarried a few months ago.
This is important because it means I could stop making spousal support payments. She tells me that she isn't and that she has no idea what I'm talking about. I checked the county records and I don't see a marriage license. However, her SO lives in Michigan and had a place in Frankfurt.
She is a pathological liar so who knows. Is there an online source any of you would recommend? Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
What state does she live in? If it's Texas then she may have entered into a "common-law" marriage for which no marriage license would be on file with the clerk.

Using common-law marriage is an old, and highly-ineffective, trick for getting the benefits of marriage (health insurance, tax treatment, etc) without cluing in the former spouse that they can stop sending the support payments.

There's a specific legal test for whether she's in a common-law marriage or not. You should talk to a lawyer if she lives in a state that recognizes common-law unions. You may well have a reason to recover some of the support you paid her.

Cheers,
Mazo.
Google national marriage databases. There are several out there. You have to start some place since she could have been married anywhere, so start with the US. I do agree with Mazo about common law. Most states require a period of time, but Oklahoma has not period of time. If the couple holds themselves out to be married to the public (i.e. register as man & wife at hotel for one night), consummates the marriage, and intends to live as man and wife (even if they don't), then they are married under OK law. Once you've exhausted US databases, try and find out if she vacationed overseas or out of the country. Any padre can perform the ceremony, but they generally record it in the church record. Those are my hints. & good luck.