So whats UP in San Antonio? :D

Looks like work is going to place me in San Antonio for 8-ish weeks. Perhaps I'll have a bit of time for some fun and fuckery...

I've never been in San Antonio for more than a couple days at a time. With 8 weeks to explore.. what are "Do Not Miss" things?
Well, besides fun and fuckery, there are plenty of great restaurants and beautiful Christmas lights on the Riverwalk. Christmas is a magical time here.
Grace is a great lady, take good care of her guys!

Grace is a great lady, take good care of her guys! Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
Welcome to SA!!
https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1446937 Originally Posted by guy fawkes
Awesome thread-- thank you. Although, my focus in San Antonio is primarily my "real world" job... and I'm looking mostly for things that one "must do" when in San Antonio since I will have 8 weeks to explore. I may have time to play.. I may not. My company is picking up the hotel tab, so I won't have a great deal of control over location-- although I may attempt to grab a room elsewhere for some playtime if my schedule permits

Really stoked about being there for Christmas. I hear the riverwalk is great that time of year... and I may make an appearance at a certain social event
Well, what part of town will you be at? If you can swing something near the i10and 410 exchange you’ll be close to a lot of providers and amps and even a few strip clubs. But for non-hobby activities I’d recommend the missions, or a Spurs game. Southtown is a lot of fun for a chill time
I have to be honest and say I don't know San Antonio well enough yet to be able to say what part of town I'm going to be in... plus, I'm still waiting on my official itinerary. But I do know that I'll be north-ish....
Some people find museums boring, but if you're not one of those people, SA has great museums. SA Museum of Art and McNay are my two favorites. I'd be happy to show them to you.
Oooh.. McNay does look very interesting!! As does the Spanish Governors Palace!!

I may actually go to the Alamo as well while I'm in town. I did the tour of it as a kid-- but we never pay as much attention to these things as we should when we're in school.

I'm LOL@ Topgolf...
https://drinkrangercreek.com/

https://www.toweroftheamericas.com/

Japanese Tea Garden

San Antonio Botanical Garden
I live in the i10/410 area and i wrk my rw job but very seldomly play so your more than welcome to use my place for a few calls over the time that you are in town. Pm for info..

Xo LexXxi..
Btw southtown & the pearl area is my fave little spots.
Definitely get down to Pearl for their world class dining and treat yourself to a night at Hotel Emma. The Pearl complex is a magical place with lots of history and the architecture in and out of the old brewery (now Emma) is renowned all over the world.

It is a truly magnificant place to meander, dine and browse the unique shops. They have an AMAZING farmers market on weekends with live music. Get there early, it gets packed and the vendors sell out of the good products quickly. If you are a dog owner, your pup is welcome to accompany you on your visit, as Pearl is VERY dog friendly and you are permitted to have your fur baby with you if dining on the patios (next to the outdoor heaters, of course.)

I highly reccomend Cured, Supper and Botika. Sternwerth inside Emma is a stunningly distinctive tavern where you can relax inside one of the restored tanks, leisurely enjoying a signature "Three Emma's" cocktail or their house margarita, which is so tasty, it recently received a write up in the NY Times.

Be sure and ask your bartender about the "Tale of Three Emmas" while you're there. :-) Or google the story- very interesting, indeed.