Is it safe to use a proxy?

Who can tell how safe it is to use a proxy? Can I use a proxy for online banking to access some personal information?
And how correctly does geolocation change work through a proxy?
"Is it safe"
Depends on the proxy, you're trusting them with all of your internet information. That said, it's not any *less* safe. Most sites are encrypted anyway, so as long as you have the padlock icon and don't ignore other security warnings, as well as ensure the site is actually the one you think it is (not a typo or some weird variation), then nobody can see the data anyway. But they CAN see what website you're visiting. A proxy moves who can see what site you're visiting from your local internet / wifi to the proxy operator, but the content itself (including this site) is still typically encrypted already.

So, using a proxy/VPN can prevent your ISP from seeing that you're going to eccie, facebook, or bankofamerica. Now your proxy can see you're going to those sites. But all of those sites are encrypted so nobody can see what you're doing with or without a proxy.
As far as geolocation, yes it changes to the proxy/VPN. However, sites like say, netflix, know your billing location, and block most VPN addresses anyway, so it's hit and miss on getting around that type of thing.
Yes, it's safe. At least I haven't had any problems in more than three years of use. I buy private proxies here. This is useful for viewing content that is restricted to my country.
By the way, I tried proxy. It works well, but is expensive to use on a daily basis.
It is most profitable to buy proxy packages. Moreover, you can choose for specific tasks.