Visiting for the First Time

I'm going to be visiting Mexico for the first time. It will just be a day trip as that is all the free time I will have. It looks like El Paso is the closest to where I'm at (Odessa, TX).

Is it safe? What should I do while I'm there? Not just girls but any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks.
You should review this and other forums. There is plenty of good information here about the MPs and their women. As for other activities--dining, drinking, etc.--you should check Trip Advisor or Yelp. Juarez doesn't have much in the way of sightseeing, other than it's lovely ladies.
they have decent sight seeing places (if you know where to look), they have awesome food, check out the tourist areas downtown where you'll find anything and everything (knock-offs and curios, etc.)...go there plenty of times with no trouble....enjoy
Juarez is not the killing zone it once was. In fact, it might be safer noe yhan it when i was living in ELP. I do have list of independent providers that i intend to see, let me know if you want the list
If you are looking for great food check out El Arrancadero. Kind of like El Paso's cattleman'$ except with much better choice and even morevdelicous lamb, pork, beef and goat meat. You will not regret this, I promise.
Other tourist attraction would be like 'las Misiones' shopping center, museums at Chamizal Park. Parque Central. Extreme sports park next.to Chamizal where the big ol red X is, you might catch the fair or amusical event.