Trump is packing the lower courts with conservatives

Well,my little lamp chop, Trump is already registered for the 2020 run as the Republican candidate. His papers have been filed. Your turn.

I hate to burst your bubble sweetie pie what courts have been political since the beginning of time it is neither a liberal or conservative thing / fault

next you're asking me who the Democrats are going to run in the 2020 election and we haven't even had a 2018 midterm we don't even know if Trump is going to run in 2020 so really you need to study up on your politics before you ask questions such as these Originally Posted by WTF
I hate to burst your bubble sweetie pie what courts have been political since the beginning of time... Originally Posted by WTF
I love to burst your bubble, WTF. Over 90% of court decisions have nothing to do with politics. Most cases are plaintiff versus defendant, not D versus R.
Don’t expect people to support your “opinions” when you don’t put any effort into making them convincing. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Why should he bother? I make my opinions highly convincing, using links and quotes and data and documentation. When has any of that swayed you?
Austin Ellen not only is Trump running in 2020, as you have so eloquently pointed out, he is going to mop the floor with whatever looney bird that dying party can find.
  • WTF
  • 10-13-2018, 01:56 PM
I have cited specific examples where conservative appointed Judges have left leaning decisions. . Originally Posted by oilfieldace
Just because say Nixon appointed a SC judge does not mean they are 'conservative'.

As president, if you have the other party in control of the Senate , you had to nominate someone who could garner 60 votes. Now its a simple majority and that is one of the reasons it is getting so partisan.
  • WTF
  • 10-13-2018, 02:02 PM
Well,my little lamp chop, Trump is already registered for the 2020 run as the Republican candidate. His papers have been filed. Your turn. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Have you ever heard of LBJ? Please google his 1968 run for reelection.

You have no idea if Trump will run again. He would be an idiot to say he is not because that would put him in lame duck status.

This is the political forum , not a "How I feel...." group. Brush up on your politics before questioning me again please, for your sake.
Get back on topic...
  • WTF
  • 10-13-2018, 06:53 PM
I love to burst your bubble, WTF. Over 90% of court decisions have nothing to do with politics. Most cases are plaintiff versus defendant, not D versus R. Originally Posted by lustylad
Everything has a political slant, that is why these choices are so important.

Look my brother....elections have consequences
I love to burst your bubble, WTF. Over 90% of court decisions have nothing to do with politics. Most cases are plaintiff versus defendant, not D versus R. Originally Posted by lustylad

Which is how they SHOULD be.
  • WTF
  • 10-14-2018, 07:56 AM
Which is how they SHOULD be. Originally Posted by garhkal
Yes that is how it should be , it just not how it is.
Everything has a political slant, that is why these choices are so important.

Look my brother....elections have consequences Originally Posted by WTF
I'm not your brother...

In the last SCOTUS session 58% of all the Court's decisions were unanimous. That means all 9 Justices agreed. Even on many split decisions, it isn't obvious what the so-called "conservative" or "liberal" positions should be.

Most decisions have nothing to do with partisan politics. The media makes the Court seem more contentious than it actually is because they only cover decisions like Bush v. Gore that have undeniable political ramifications.

So you are wrong when you say "everything has a political slant." Most cases have nothing to do with politics.