Is Siri Storing Your Secrets??

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/sci...r-secrets-wcpo

or read below:

Posted: 4:43 PM
Last Updated: 17 minutes ago
By: CNN Wire

What you don't know about Apple iPhone's interactive voice, Siri, could hurt you.

Wired magazine reports Siri and other data collecting apps are putting information at risk.

The software license agreement for Apple iPhone says that when you use Siri or Dictation, the things you say will be recorded and sent to Apple and converted into text.

Siri also collects other information -- like names in your address book and sensitive user data.

The objective -- to help Siri do a better job.

But IBM's Chief Information Officer Jeanette Horan is concerned.

In an article in MIT's Technology Review, she says the company has banned some apps on personal smart phones -- including Siri -- for fear sensitive company information could be leaked.

Other banned apps include public file-transfer services like Dropbox and Apple's iCloud.

Copyright CNN Newsource.
wow thats exactly why I dont use any of that
That is scary. I think I may change up my contacts a bit lol
Well it IS an IBM exec reporting what she is "concerned" about. While privacy is a huge deal, she may be fanning the flames.
Well it IS an IBM exec reporting what she is "concerned" about. While privacy is a huge deal, she may be fanning the flames. Originally Posted by cowtoy
We live in a police state so just accept it. Everything is archived....

Remember your helping them "collect" data that might be useful to you! (the lie you are told when you consent to monitoring on your smart phones).
Well it IS an IBM exec reporting what she is "concerned" about. While privacy is a huge deal, she may be fanning the flames. Originally Posted by cowtoy
Yea, but IBM vs Apple is a dead issue these days.

Any of those convenience features that learn how you use it to make it think for your give a way to possibly gain information about you. It's the same thing with easy backups of your contacts with your service provider. Everything has a cost.