Chopper vs Bronson vs Clockwork Orange

I watched the movie "Bronson" a few months ago. It's about Britains most notorious prisoner.It takes a highly stylized approach so if that sort of thing irritates you switch off now. It is in fitting with Bronson the person though, a man who craves fame. I read a few reviews of the movie as well and many people compared it to "Chopper" with Eric Bana. I finally watched that a day or so ago. Bah! I like Bana but something about that whole film irritated me. Not sure yet what it was. Has anyone else seen both of these films? What are your thoughts, both comparatively and as stand alones? "Bronson" has had a little comparison also to A Clockwork Orange. There are a few similarities but again hard to compare. I'm interested to hear what people think...

C
Well you have just given me a couple of things to Google. Since Eric Bana is involved I won't mind a bit. I saw him in a movie back in 2001 and lusted after him ever since.
You'll be shocked at how young he looks in this Ansley. "Chopper" is about 8 years old now but he looks much more than 8 years younger. If you like Bana, you will love his versatility in "The other Boleyn girl"...he and Natalie Portman are phenomenal at portraying characters that are riding a very intense emotional rollercoaster of feelings!
are riding a very intense emotional rollercoaster of feelings! Originally Posted by Camille
Oh like I need more of a rollercoaster ride.
Oh like I need more of a rollercoaster ride. Originally Posted by Ansley
Go on...watch it...you know you want to

xx
what is this? F**king Sieskel & Ebert?
I won't speak for Camille, but, Bite Me!
Oh Ansley..look what smilie I just found.

You know where that's going
A Clockwork Orange Originally Posted by Camille
I love that flick!
Cockwork Orange

You can probably guess the "plot" - story of Mack Brown and the Texas Longhorns Football team
I love that flick! Originally Posted by pjorourke
PJ, let me know if you watch Bronson. I'd love to hear your thoughts though I somehow feel it will annoy the poop out of you.
I've never seen Bronson or Chopper, so I would go with CWO based on expereince...

Lactose Intolerant
  • WTF
  • 01-18-2010, 05:20 PM
I love that flick! Originally Posted by pjorourke

See ya learn something new everyday. I would have never guessed you would like that flick PJ. I like it too. Can't put my finger on why...the train wreck, the overall message? Probably a little of both.