What is our Advertisng Policy?

[ame=http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=48551&postcount =1]On another thread[/ame] I noted that the old HDH Board always had a no specific advertising policy. Is there a similar policy here? If not, should there be.

Now what I mean by that is that it is perfectly acceptable to get the guys all hot and bothered with a racy post or a naked avatar. However, posts on the order of: "Hi my name is Sweetie and I want to do unspeakable things to you for a mere $xx an hour. Call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx" are not acceptable.

What are your thoughts?
Sure lets have ads, but they have to meet all the diamond qualifications.

By the way I voted no.
Sure lets have ads, but they have to meet all the diamond qualifications. Originally Posted by Ansley
Oh Shit!!! Not another thread on what constitutes a Diamond. Please, just beat me instead.
No and Hell No
No and Hell No Originally Posted by discreetgent
You can only vote once.
So PJ let me get this straight, you would rather women not post because their avatars over stimulate you and you would rather chit chat with your buds rather than be innundated by posts by highly intelligent women (a/k/a advertisements)...

Please clarify for the less intelligent out there, such as myself... (That is the smiley you are supposed to use for sarcasm right?)

I see what you are saying... just saw the OTHER thread. I too think ads should be restricted to the ad section, but what constitutes an ad? For highly intelligent men, women posting with intelligence ARE ads... thoughts?
The original intent of this forumn was to be something similar to HDH on aspd. However, at present there is no formal (or even informal) policy about advertising here.

I'll take it up with the staff and see what they think. My knee-jerk is that advertising should remain in specific forumns. Until a decision is made, I'm not going to pull any ads from here.

As an alternative to ads on this forumn, what would you folks think of a separate section for the D & T ads?

HID
I see what you are saying... just saw the OTHER thread. I too think ads should be restricted to the ad section, but what constitutes an ad? For highly intelligent men, women posting with intelligence ARE ads... thoughts? Originally Posted by AidanMacKenna
Well that is the point. The HDH ban was on overt ads. Obviously, part of the attraction of HDH or D&T women is their ability to connect and that is best demonstrated through posting. Thus by a stretch, any post would be an ad. But thats not what I meant.

Geographic posts (e.g., "I'm going to be in Houston on the 4th.") were tolerated in a message footer. But they are really more effective in the forums related to that city. Pure ads are no more appropriate here than in the "Comedy Central" forum.
Well that is the point. The HDH ban was on overt ads. Obviously, part of the attraction of HDH or D&T women is their ability to connect and that is best demonstrated through posting. Thus by a stretch, any post would be an ad. But thats not what I meant.

Geographic posts (e.g., "I'm going to be in Houston on the 4th.") were tolerated in a message footer. But they are really more effective in the forums related to that city. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Awww PJ...that's too much work for a lazy heiffer like me.
I like to stick the dates in my sig line. C'mon...support the lazy ones. I'll get my boobs out in an avatar if that helps.
I like to stick the dates in my sig line. Originally Posted by Camille
Thats were they should be.
Après Vous, while an ECCIE advertiser (so I'll give 'em a little leeway), they are bannered left and right all over our little neighborhood, so a distinct post in D&T land seems to be overkill. All IMO.
I'll get my boobs out in an avatar

That's where they should be.

As an alternative to ads on this forumn, what would you folks think of a separate section for the D & T ads?

HID Originally Posted by Horn^I^Dog
At first, I thought "that would be great!" a place for "diamonds" to advertise. Then it hit me, "what qualifies someone as a diamond?" Do we need to make a "LIST?"
Oh Shit!!! Not another thread on what constitutes a Diamond. Please, just beat me instead. Originally Posted by pjorourke
nuff said
At first, I thought "that would be great!" a place for "diamonds" to advertise. Then it hit me, "what qualifies someone as a diamond?" Do we need to make a "LIST?" Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva
All in favour of having Colette making a list?