Search Function

Does anyone know how to make the Search function on the board search for exact phrases. Seems that if I enter more than one word or enter a first and last name it pulls every thread that contains each of those words individually. For example if I type in "red white blue" I get all threads that contain any one of those words. How do I find only the threads that have that exact wording "red white blue"?

There is a thread in the Technical Questions Forum about this Forum may get a better response. Hope someone has this figured out already.
There is a tech forum, but probably get a quicker answer here. Most search functions use "red white & blue" to search for an exact phrase. Have you tried that?
There is a tech forum, but probably get a quicker answer here. Most search functions use "red white & blue" to search for an exact phrase. Have you tried that? Originally Posted by tigercat
I have tried using " ", * *, the word "and" between words, the & symbol. Still can't get exact phrasing.
even more interesting. For fun I searched on "chatty cathy" just to see what popped up. On one of the threads, only word that appeared was chatty, did not see cathy at all.