Trump vs Trump?

There’s been a lot of talk about the polls recently showing Biden to win in a landslide. +9 in Fla, +2 in Georgia, * 1 in Texas. I think Biden is up in all the swing states which would give him an electoral landslide. I don’t think this is going to happen. In those same polls Dems by a 2/1 margin want to vote against Trump than vote for Biden.So after some thoughts, here’s my conclusion at this point in time:

Trump fatigue. From the day he was elected, there’s been a concerted effort to remove him from office. While the Dems, Media and Never Trumpers didn’t succeed in removing him, the general public is tired of the battles. I’m shocked that Trump survived the onslaught. But he did.

Covid 19. This was a sucker punch. Nobody saw this one coming. Lots of so called experts were and still all over the map. Lots of finger pointing going around. But Trump has taken most of the blame. Again, the media pounded him. But he’s been right about China all along.

George Floyd. This really spread faster than Covid. While a vast majority agree that what happened to Floyd was a travesty. Trump does too. But it spurned violence and social unrest.

So, at this point in time, it’s Trump vs Trump. Biden has been kept under wraps. I don’t think most Americans even know what he’s running on. As with Hillary, he hasn’t granted a presser in months. No tough questions. Not that the media would ask them anyways. But he has to speak sooner or later. Can a candidate win the election while hiding like UBL did in a cave? Who knows?

I guess time will tell. Will Biden articulate his policies? Or just bash Trump? How will he perform in the debates? Will he even show up? How will he perform without a teleprompter?

The polls don’t start polling likely voters until Labor Day. I think they will tighten up significantly in September barring another jolting event. No one can predict that.

Your thoughts if any?
I doubt there will be any debates.

The a Democrats With their willing accomplices in the MSM will flood the airways with bogus polls and convince a rather moronic electorate that there is no need for debates, the election is simply a formality to return America back to “normal”, with trusty ole Joe at the helm.

It will be up to the American Voters who are watching the riots, the looting, the anarchy, the sedition, and the Democrat endorsement of these activities to determine who is best to lead the Country.
Debate will be T R U M P versus trump (his evil clone)

Biden will be remote and reading from a prompter.

Thus, it has been F O R E T O L D.
Trump is going to lose in a landslide. His words and actions during the protests have inspired young people to get out and vote. That is a problem for the Republican Party. Their ace up the sleeve in elections has always been that young people and minorities simply do not have the kind of voter turnout that old white people do. That is out the window this time around.

The Covid-19 surgee is also a huge problem for him. The guy wants to end federal funding for testing centers the same week that Texas and Florida have more new cases than ever before. Even Cruz and Coryn could not understand or explain away the nonsense. The right wing media has tried to paint corona as a hoax and make refusing to wear a mask a badge of honor for Republicans. Numbers do not lie no matter how you spin them. Texas and Florida were two of the fastest to re-open and look at them now.

The biggest sign that Trump is fucked is that Fox is starting to slip a potential Biden win into the narrative. Even Trump himself sees it coming because "Some people don't love me maybe"

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1276324780472442881

Funny how he mentions Biden's saying million instead of thousand yesterday. Biden instantly corrected himself which everyone would have seen if they saw the 10 second clip instead of the 4 second clip. Regardless, Biden will never be as sharp on the mic as Trump. Edits are fun.

https://twitter.com/chunkled/status/1276253757458833433

When Linsdey Graham publicly acknowledges the tide you know the ship is sinking.

https://twitter.com/MegKinnardAP/sta...67918734266370
...The a Democrats With their willing accomplices in the MSM will flood the airways with bogus polls and convince a rather moronic electorate that there is no need for debates, the election is simply a formality to return America back to “normal”, with trusty ole Joe at the helm... Originally Posted by Jackie S
We've heard this song somewhere before.
It sounds eerily familiar...

Yuppers. We have heard all this before. But sure is fun to replay it from time to time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs
Yuppers. We have heard all this before. But sure is fun to replay it from time to time... Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LabloPDPtLg
  • Tiny
  • 06-26-2020, 01:11 PM
Trump is going to lose in a landslide. His words and actions during the protests have inspired young people to get out and vote. That is a problem for the Republican Party. Their ace up the sleeve in elections has always been that young people and minorities simply do not have the kind of voter turnout that old white people do. That is out the window this time around.

The Covid-19 surgee is also a huge problem for him. The guy wants to end federal funding for testing centers the same week that Texas and Florida have more new cases than ever before. Even Cruz and Coryn could not understand or explain away the nonsense. The right wing media has tried to paint corona as a hoax and make refusing to wear a mask a badge of honor for Republicans. Numbers do not lie no matter how you spin them. Texas and Florida were two of the fastest to re-open and look at them now.

The biggest sign that Trump is fucked is that Fox is starting to slip a potential Biden win into the narrative. Even Trump himself sees it coming because "Some people don't love me maybe"

Funny how he mentions Biden's saying million instead of thousand yesterday. Biden instantly corrected himself which everyone would have seen if they saw the 10 second clip instead of the 4 second clip. Regardless, Biden will never be as sharp on the mic as Trump. Edits are fun.

When Linsdey Graham publicly acknowledges the tide you know the ship is sinking.

https://twitter.com/MegKinnardAP/sta...67918734266370 Originally Posted by smokedog01
This unfortunately rings true. Yes, Trump supporters are much more enthusiastic about their candidate. But many young people and others are just as enthusiastic about going to the polls and voting against him.

The only thing I'd disagree with, somewhat, are the openings in Texas and Florida. I don't think the problem was with how fast the re-openings occurred as much as the way they were done. With universal masking and a bit more social distancing they would have gone much better.

A little off topic, but this is interesting,

Peter Hotez, a professor of virology at the Baylor School of Medicine in Houston, predicted that the surging number of hospitalisations would result in a leap in deaths within “a couple of weeks”, forcing Mr Abbott to shut down parts of the state’s economy.

“The pause alone will maintain the status quo, but the status quo is unacceptable, it’s still showing a very aggressive rise,” Dr Hotez said. “I believe he’ll have no choice but to dial things back.”

https://www.ft.com/content/e35f3148-...a-1a7ce3181e97

If so, there goes the Texas economy -- not good in an election year.

I figure Republicans have about a snow ball's chance in hell of holding onto the U.S. Senate. Now I'm just hoping they'll keep the Texas Legislature. I think they should.
We've heard this song somewhere before.
It sounds eerily familiar...] Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do

There are are rather sizable differences this time. First of all, many people did not vote last time around because they considered it a foregone conclusion that the United States would never elect a reality tv personality to be President. People hated Hillary so it made it easy to not vote for her because they assumed that she would win. If they actually thought that it would even be close then they no doubt would have voted for her old ass. Voters will not make the same mistake again.

Try as they might, the Trump campaign can't demonize Sleepy Joe as easily as they could Crooked Hillary. He is simply not as polarizing.
  • oeb11
  • 06-26-2020, 02:25 PM
Joe Biden is just as Crooked - but nowaday has half t0he brain cells of the past.

Makes for an easily controlled puppet for the DNC and radicals like bernie and AOC et al.

you think Trump will lose bigly based on a bunch of protesters deciding to vote? the democrats have always been lazy voters. why is this any different? the press is making the same mistake as 2016, they are declaring Biden by a huge margin. how did that work out in 2016?

the press should be saying Trump is LEADING whether he is or not. i mean .. they are saying he's losing by a mile which false so why not lie the other way to galvanize these little snowflakes to actually turn out and vote?

so in your opinion the Fed Gov should do all testing for all of the states? interesting idea. and stupid as shit too. but thanks for letting me know that not one of the 57 .. er .. 50 states has any medical testing capacity at all, only the FED can test!!

now spin that if you can.

so because FOX actually stated Trump can lose you say it's over for Trump?

https://twitter.com/MegKinnardAP/sta...67918734266370 Originally Posted by smokedog01

what you thinck Graham said ..

"TRUMP GOING DOWN!"

what he really said ..

South Carolina's Sen. @LindseyGrahamSC
, said Trump can win with “a little more message discipline” and a focus on policies that separate him and Biden. “Just make it more about policy and less about your personality,” Graham told reporters.

There are are rather sizable differences this time. First of all, many people did not vote last time around because they considered it a foregone conclusion that the United States would never elect a reality tv personality to be President. People hated Hillary so it made it easy to not vote for her because they assumed that she would win. If they actually thought that it would even be close then they no doubt would have voted for her old ass. Voters will not make the same mistake again.

ah yes the bane of the Democratic base again .. lazy voters. every 4 years like locusts all these non-voters are supposed to emerge and sweep the DNC into power. hasn't happened yet.

Try as they might, the Trump campaign can't demonize Sleepy Joe as easily as they could Crooked Hillary. He is simply not as polarizing. Originally Posted by smokedog01

you realize that many voters did vote for Trump as a vote against Clinton? they didn't just assume Trump would win like the Democratic base does with their candidates. Trump caused a surge in new voters in 2016 .. new young voters but most importantly older voters who had become turned off by politics as usual.

who needs to demonize Biden when all Trump has to do is debate him.

do you think Biden will try to avoid a debate? he should be all for it. i'm quite sure he thinks he's up to it. his handlers not so much. if Biden tries to skip any debates then he looks like a scared candidate in fact rather than Trump who the press claims is "scared" of Biden.

"TRUMP GOING DOWN!"

what he really said ..

, said Trump can win with “a little more message discipline” and a focus on policies that separate him and Biden. “Just make it more about policy and less about your personality,” Graham told reporters.

you realize that many voters did vote for Trump as a vote against Clinton? they didn't just assume Trump would win like the Democratic base does with their candidates. Trump caused a surge in new voters in 2016 .. new young voters but most importantly older voters who had become turned off by politics as usual.

do you think Biden will try to avoid a debate? he should be all for it. i'm quite sure he thinks he's up to it. his handlers not so much. if Biden tries to skip any debates then he looks like a scared candidate in fact rather than Trump who the press claims is "scared" of Biden.
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Here’s what a top Democrat thinks about Biden:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jcqKjFHS4QE

He’s fine in the basement!!!!!! Like most dogs are!!!!

"TRUMP GOING DOWN!"

what he really said ..

What I think he said? I linked to the exact quote that you cut and pasted.

You are discounting the people that voted for Trump strictly as a protest vote or as a goof because they, too, thought he had no chance of winning. Those votes are gone this time as well.

Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

I think you overestimate Trump's debate skills. The way he talks and carries himself only impresses the people in his base like you that think he can do no wrong. That act has gotten stale for many undecided voters. He is going to find himself in the same boat as Hillary was last time. There are going to be Republicans that will not vote for a Democrat but can't bring themselves to vote for Trump. Only someone the caliber of Trump could make Texas a potential swing state in a presidential election.
I think you overestimate Trump's debate skills. The way he talks and carries himself only impresses the people in his base like you that think he can do no wrong. That act has gotten stale for many undecided voters. He is going to find himself in the same boat as Hillary was last time. There are going to be Republicans that will not vote for a Democrat but can't bring themselves to vote for Trump. Only someone the caliber of Trump could make Texas a potential swing state in a presidential election. Originally Posted by smokedog01

that happened in 2016 yet Trump won. the so-called anti-Trump republicans aren't the huge block you or the media claim them to be.

by your logic are there going to be democrats that can't bring themselves to vote for Biden even to vote against Trump?

as i've said here before and will now repeat for your benefit .. when Trump does something wrong i'll let you know.
as i've said here before and will now repeat for your benefit .. when Trump does something wrong i'll let you know. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

I think you overestimate Trump's debate skills. The way he talks and carries himself only impresses the people in his base like you that think he can do no wrong. That act has gotten stale for many undecided voters. He is going to find himself in the same boat as Hillary was last time. There are going to be Republicans that will not vote for a Democrat but can't bring themselves to vote for Trump. Only someone the caliber of Trump could make Texas a potential swing state in a presidential election. Originally Posted by smokedog01

I think you over estimate Biden's. You may not be impressed by what Trump thinks and says but what if those people watching a debate come to the conclusion that even though they might prefer Biden over Trump, they want someone who won't be in home a year after the election and while the VP pick has always been thought of as not much of a big deal, I think all that changed with Palin and could be a very big deal if Biden chooses wrong.

Listening to a BLM leader the other night and he said Biden would be an idiot to choose any Black woman that was either a police officer or a prosecutor and I agree. That leaves out Harris and Demmings.

Just like McCain did, Biden could sink himself with this pick more so with the radical left of his party than non Democrats.