LE or Scam?

Can i get feedback on an issue i just had??

A client called me to make an appointment everything seemed normal at first. When he walked in i always start with light (no sexual) convo just to make things start off comfortable. So about 5min of talking he asked to use the restroom and when he came back into the room he attempted to place an envelope on the nightstand. When i went to pick it up he immediately graded it and said he was LE. I've never been in this kind of situation before i was super scared. So before i jumped to conclusions and got nervous i begin to ask him questions like do you have an badge, whats going to happen to me, am i getting arrested, how was i targeted etc. He had no answers for any of the questions. He wouldn't show me any id. So when he said he was gonna take me to jail i told him that our conversation wasn't about any sexual acts so what proof does he have other than he got my number off backpage. He couldn't give me any information proving he was with any LE. So at the end of the conversation i asked him what was he going to do and he tells me "you look like a good girl, all i'm going to tell you is be careful if you decide to continue to do this." Now i'm not expert but anyone remotely associated with LE would say anything like that.
I feel he was a scammer and he need a reason to get out the room because i dont think there was any money in the envelope he tried to leave on the table, and if there was it wasn't anything close to the amount that i charge. Is there anything i could have done when it comes to screening to prevent that from happening??
When did LEO start doing stings solo? Don't they always have back up? Especially with uniformed officers? A few episodes of COPS will show you how it's really done. This sounds like a scam to get something free to "let you off."

BTW it is a crime to impersonate a police officer? Tell him you are calling the Police dept. to verify his identity then watch him run!

A client called me to make an appointment everything seemed normal at first. When he walked in i always start with light (no sexual) convo just to make things start off comfortable. So about 5min of talking he asked to use the restroom and when he came back into the room he attempted to place an envelope on the nightstand. When i went to pick it up he immediately graded it and said he was LE. I've never been in this kind of situation before i was super scared. So before i jumped to conclusions and got nervous i begin to ask him questions like do you have an badge, whats going to happen to me, am i getting arrested, how was i targeted etc. He had no answers for any of the questions. He wouldn't show me any id. So when he said he was gonna take me to jail i told him that our conversation wasn't about any sexual acts so what proof does he have other than he got my number off backpage. He couldn't give me any information proving he was with any LE. So at the end of the conversation i asked him what was he going to do and he tells me "you look like a good girl, all i'm going to tell you is be careful if you decide to continue to do this." Now i'm not expert but anyone remotely associated with LE would say anything like that.
I feel he was a scammer and he need a reason to get out the room because i dont think there was any money in the envelope he tried to leave on the table, and if there was it wasn't anything close to the amount that i charge. Is there anything i could have done when it comes to screening to prevent that from happening?? Originally Posted by TiffanyMorgan
I have clipped these two posts from a thread in Security Matter and started a new thread, as it's an important topic

A client called me to make an appointment everything seemed normal at first. When he walked in i always start with light (no sexual) convo just to make things start off comfortable. So about 5min of talking he asked to use the restroom and when he came back into the room he attempted to place an envelope on the nightstand. When i went to pick it up he immediately graded it and said he was LE. I've never been in this kind of situation before i was super scared. So before i jumped to conclusions and got nervous i begin to ask him questions like do you have an badge, whats going to happen to me, am i getting arrested, how was i targeted etc. He had no answers for any of the questions. He wouldn't show me any id. So when he said he was gonna take me to jail i told him that our conversation wasn't about any sexual acts so what proof does he have other than he got my number off backpage. He couldn't give me any information proving he was with any LE. So at the end of the conversation i asked him what was he going to do and he tells me "you look like a good girl, all i'm going to tell you is be careful if you decide to continue to do this." Now i'm not expert but anyone remotely associated with LE would say anything like that Originally Posted by TiffanyMorgan
You were scammed. Plain and simple.

When did LEO start doing stings solo? Don't they always have back up? Especially with uniformed officers? A few episodes of COPS will show you how it's really done. This sounds like a scam to get something free to "let you off."

BTW it is a crime to impersonate a police officer? Tell him you are calling the Police dept. to verify his identity then watch him run! Originally Posted by MartenWarner
Exactly right.
That was not LE. I think you are correct about there not being any money in envelope and he was hoping you would not touch the envelope until after the session.
Scam for sure!!! Just trying to get over on you girl. Sorry that happened to you and glad your safe
I'm in New Orleans too. I agree with you and Brooke that he was hoping you wouldn't check the envelope until it was too late. Good for you that you didn't fall for his stupid game. I think you should post an alert on him with whatever screening info he gave you, get in touch with his references and let them know what happened so they stop vouching for him and be sure to give us all a general description of what he looks like(race,age,height,build,any thing that stands out about him at first glance) and where he saw your ad.
Judging from your story, I would say he was definitely running a scam.

There was probably nothing in the envelope and that's why he tried to pull that trick on you.

It was just a diversionary tactic.

As to what you could have done to prevent this, you could only check his references and asked for his handle on the board, if he had one.

Part of life is, that we all run into bad roads and outlaws from time to time and you just have to stay alert and keep your intuition honed.

Now you just need to shake off this bad experience like a boxer who took a bad punch and good luck in finding the real gentlemen in the hobby!
I thought I read somewhere in NOLA you just get a ticket now ?or is that not yet ?
Definetely a scam. People try to do this to scare girls into servicing them for free.
I agree - this was a scam. I'm glad it was..and glad you're ok.
Total scam by idiot hoping to put one over on you by getting to play for free.