Ben Carson Apologizes For Plagiarism, Says He's Working To 'Rectify The Situation'

What a prop this guy was. Turns out he's a Dr. but an empty suit. So much for being the Right's colorful play toy.

On Wednesday, Carson's publisher Zondervan -- a Christian publisher owned by HarperCollins -- said it would review the allegations of plagiarism in Carson's book. Zondervan released another statement on Thursday, saying, "It has become apparent that further source citation is appropriate in Dr. Carson's America the Beautiful."
See how easy it is to list your sources Dr?

Source
Yep, just another poseur. Hope he is a part of the GOP primary process. Should be amusing.
What a prop this guy was. Turns out he's a Dr. but an empty suit. So much for being the Right's colorful play toy.

See how easy it is to list your sources Dr?

Source Originally Posted by Zanzibar789

Does this mean he can't dig around in people's brains anymore?
The title admits it's quotations are from other people...DUH, you fucking Ozombie.. Zitface... "America’s God and Country Encyclopedia of Quotations"... and

Historian: Ben Carson Did Not Plagiarize My Book

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ok-joel-gehrke

By Joel Gehrke
January 7, 2015 5:04 PM

Bill Federer, the author of a “quote book” featured repeatedly in Ben Carson’s America the Beautiful, defends the neurosurgeon-turned-presidential aspirant from charges of plagiarism.

“In my estimation, he has used my material exactly the way I wanted my material to be used,” Federer tells National Review Online. “The fact that he had cited me 16 times shows that his intention was to be honest and up front in his use of my material and the two times that the BuzzFeed article cited that he had not, in my estimation, is an editor’s oversight, errata, and it’s not plagiarism.”

The conservative author was responding to a BuzzFeed report that Carson had plagiarized from Federer’s America’s God and Country Encyclopedia of Quotations. The report pointed to multiple instances in which Carson had used text from other sources without quotation marks to indicate that he was not writing in his own voice. Federer blames that on the editor, providing NRO with e-mails that show him collaborating with Candy Carson (who co-authored the book with her husband) and reading the manuscript after it had gone through three drafts.

“It’s one thing a student going online and is cheating and taking someone else’s paper,” Federer says. In this case, “there wasn’t a habit of using somebody else’s thoughts and claiming them as your own.”

To buttress the argument that the editor made a mistake, Federer points to a quote from his book, via Carson’s, that refers to James Madison as “John” Madison.

“In other words, the editor made a mistake,” he says.

Federer adds that he felt “misrepresented” by the BuzzFeed story because it portrayed Carson as “a low-level plagiarist when this was an honest editor’s error.”

“Somebody is saying, ‘we want to dig up stuff on Dr. Carson,’ and they can’t find him sleeping around so they pick on his book,” Federer says.

BuzzFeed has published a number of plagiarism stories about politicians, Democratic and Republican.
It's "gotcha" season.
What amazes me is the caliber of person calling Dr. Carson a poseur and prop. A professor of neurosurgery, oncology, and pediatrics. Co-director of John Hopkins Craniofacial Center and a best selling author. I hate to think what a highly gifted democrat would be to them.

Its a Thursday so it must be attack a conservative day. Today is Joni Ernst and Ben Carson's turn. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
An accomplished man of science who touts creationism.

Just goes to show that anybody can pass a test.
Ain't nothing like a man who, by his very actions, is a hopeless hypocrite and unfit to lead anything but a prayer meeting or a "queer rolling."

Your kinda guy!
Ain't nothing like a man who, by his very actions, is a hopeless hypocrite and unfit to lead anything but a prayer meeting or a "queer rolling."

Your kinda guy!
What did he plagiarize?

Did Dr Carson write the book the himself or did he have a ghostwriter? Can he claim that the people and accounts in the book were "composites" even after they said they were real. Like Obama?
It's "gotcha" season. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Yeah. It doesn't take long to debunk imbeciles like zany.
What amazes me is the caliber of person calling Dr. Carson a poseur and prop. A professor of neurosurgery, oncology, and pediatrics. Co-director of John Hopkins Craniofacial Center and a best selling author. I hate to think what a highly gifted democrat would be to them.

Its a Thursday so it must be attack a conservative day. Today is Joni Ernst and Ben Carson's turn.
I'm going to vote for him because he is black.
Did the Bio about the author say he was born in Kenya?
Seriously Zani? You've proven time and again and admitted you don't read the posts that you respond to. It's why you keep getting your ass handed to you and disappear from the board, in disgrace, for weeks at a time. Hell, I could accuse you of the same thing. There's no way in hell you write complete sentences in your posts without help. Are you giving credit where it's due?
Do you not read the articles you post either?
If that's all they've got on him he should be able to just walk into the White House right now and take that lying Obama's chair in the Oval Office. Maybe just pull it right out from under him.
  • WTF
  • 01-22-2015, 08:02 AM
I'm going to vote for him because he is black. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
I like where he compared ISIS to the American Revolution founders!