Newsome and the Democrats practice discrimination and identity politics

There are 39 million people in California & Newsom picked a black gay abortion activist who is not even a resident of California and who lives on the other side of the country to be his state’s US Senator

“Butler currently lives in Maryland and has been for multiple years” — but she’s fanatically devoted to activism on behalf of unlimited abortion, and she is black and gay so that’s what matters most for Democrats identity politics

Who cares about discriminating against all the hispanic, asian, white men and women and all the black men who all actually live in California ?
If Newsom wanted to break the law and discriminate, its pretty shocking that he couldn’t find a black woman who actually lives in California to appoint.

She will still have to win the primary in March to run in November 2024 It will be fun watching the Dems attack each other in the primary Adam Schiff who was censored in the House for his Russian hoax is also in the primary
You are correct about the primary for 2024

But still - appointing someone who does not live in California and who is registered to vote in Maryland, because she meets your identity politics criteria is absurd

39 million people in California - whites, hispanics, asians, men all blatantly discriminated against in the selection process
There are 39 million people in California & Newsom picked a black gay abortion activist who is not even a resident of California and who lives on the other side of the country to be his state’s US Senator

“Butler currently lives in Maryland and has been for multiple years” — but she’s fanatically devoted to activism on behalf of unlimited abortion, and she is black and gay so that’s what matters most for Democrats identity politics

Who cares about discriminating against all the hispanic, asian, white men and women and all the black men who all actually live in California ? Originally Posted by berryberry
Why are you so upset she lives in Maryland? She owns a house in California. You didn't have a problem when DR. OZ ran for the senate in Pa., even though he lived in New Jersey.
The Idea of Discrimination, using your standards could be applied to any race to fill the position. if they put in a white male, and someone said it was discrimination, you would say it was just some liberal crying.
Should someone who is appointed as a California Senator be an actual resident of California

Be registered to vote in California?

And should a candidate be chosen on the basis of their skin color and gender? It is blatant discrimination when a Governor says IN ADVANCE I am only going to appoint a black woman. If any company did that they would be sued for discrimination
She will be registered to vote before she is officially appointed.
She lived and spent more time in California than Dr OZ ever did in Pa. (again you didn't have a problem with that)
I don't know where you worked or if you ever worked, but it happens all the time in the real word. Someone gets hired because of their race or sex. But I think you know that.
Should someone who is appointed as a California Senator be an actual resident of California

Be registered to vote in California?

And should a candidate be chosen on the basis of their skin color and gender? It is blatant discrimination when a Governor says IN ADVANCE I am only going to appoint a black woman. If any company did that they would be sued for discrimination Originally Posted by berryberry
Did you say the same thing for Dr. Oz when he was running in Pennsylvania? Because he lived in New Jersey at the time. Something tells me you didn't have a problem with Dr. Oz doing it.
She will be registered to vote before she is officially appointed.
She lived and spent more time in California than Dr OZ ever did in Pa. (again you didn't have a problem with that)
I don't know where you worked or if you ever worked, but it happens all the time in the real word. Someone gets hired because of their race or sex. But I think you know that. Originally Posted by jmichael
Thanks for confirming you are ok with Newsom making a mockery of the process actually appointing someone who has not been a California resident for years to the Senate

And thanks for confirming you support discrimination.

As to OZ, your attempt to conflate the two falls short because OZ met all the requirements to run in PA and the decision was up to the voters. In California's case, the Governor is literally appointing a non California citizen who at the time of the appointment did not meet the residency requirements
... So you lads are okay with Newsome's decision then??

#### Salty

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again

Of course they are Salty. When have you ever seen them criticize a fellow leftist?
The Bee for the Win

SACRAMENTO, CA — California Governor Gavin Newsom announced this week he had selected recently-deceased Senator Dianne Feinstein's replacement by throwing a dart at a board full of pre-selected photos of black lesbian women.

"We had binders full of black lesbian women we were just waiting to use," Governor Newsom told reporters. "I really didn't know much about them other than they were, of course, black, and also lesbian. This one, what's her name? Lalapalooza or something? Yeah, whatever. She's fine."

Newsom was seen staring at a large board in his office put together by staffers displaying dozens of photos of black lesbian women before turning around and launching a dart over his shoulder. Without looking back he told his staff he was happy with his pick.

"I think she lives in Maryland or something but whatever. What are my constituents gonna say?" Newsom said. "Does she have any political experience? Is she qualified? Is this going to turn into another Kamala Harris or Ketanji Brown Jackson situation? Maybe. But this one's super pro-abortion and I hear that's polling well with Californians these days…at least the ones who still live here."

Newsom's choice, fundraising mogul and abortion-enthusiast Laphonza Butler, told reporters she's thrilled to represent the great state of California and plans on Googling what a senator does first thing tomorrow morning

Nope. I'm not ok with this horseshit. Just like Oz in Pa, or Hilary in NY, I am not ok with carpetbagging. I'm not ok with that or gerrymandering as I think it's a shitty unfair practice.

There's millions of people from California, black gay, Hispanic Asians, what's wrong with finding one of them if you were looking for a diversity person? Circumventing and making a non majority state resident a Congress person is just wrong.

We're watching both parties doing absolutely stupid - fucking retarded actions. Both parties need to sober up, or they face being voted out.

I could care less one way or the other I don't live in California.
Nope. I'm not ok with this horseshit.

There's millions of people from California, black gay, Hispanic Asians, what's wrong with finding one of them if you were looking for a diversity person? Circumventing and making a non majority state resident a Congress person is just wrong.
Originally Posted by eyecu2
I will give credit where it is due - while all of your fellow leftists are perfectly fine with this because it was done by a leftist Governor, you are not and see it for the utter bullshit that it is. So I give you credit for admitting that and stating it