Hobby Vision

This question/discussion is for hobbiests and providers who have been in the game for a while.

Does being in the game for an extended time affect how you look at strangers in real life? I.E. have you ever looked at a girl and thought "She's GOT to be a provider" or seen a guy and thought "He is definitely in the hobby".

I'm asking because I've had this run through my mind occasionally. A horrible (yet accurate) analogy is to compare this to the special sunglasses in the movie "They Live".

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
I don't think of people like that.

I did like that movie, though.

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum!"
Yep, I find myself doing it quite often.
i've been in the game for nearly 7 years. I always look at a stranger and wonder if he's a hobbyist. I also have look at women and say to myself "they must be a provider."
I think ANY guy could be a hobbyist, so I don't even waste my time thinking about that.

Now the gals? I see some pretty ones and think "They could really supplement their income." And then I remember, there are some real freaks out there! Anyone could be in the hobby...from the cocky confident co-worker to the wallflower. Then there are those I look at and wish they were in the hobby...
Yes . . .and yes.
yes every decent looking girl i see lately i wonder if she was ever a provider .. in many cases i don't doubt at some point she had taken gifts/money for sex.
This question/discussion is for hobbiests and providers who have been in the game for a while.

Does being in the game for an extended time affect how you look at strangers in real life? I.E. have you ever looked at a girl and thought "She's GOT to be a provider" or seen a guy and thought "He is definitely in the hobby".

I'm asking because I've had this run through my mind occasionally. A horrible (yet accurate) analogy is to compare this to the special sunglasses in the movie "They Live".

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Originally Posted by houston.alexxx
I could care less whether people are in the hobby or not.

I had a flight with a layover on Las Vegas and the sorority girls from LA were going to Las Vegas for the weekend. Everyone was dressed like a SW.
Nope not at all, sort of juvenile to me
Well again—not every woman and not every where, BUT . . .

When a mall is full of meandering teens in hoodies, fskinny jeans and flip-flops, and a woman clacks through wearing a sparkly tank-top, spandex shorts, hose and high heels—one can speculate.

The same can be said for a venue like a gun show, boat show or simiar event.
Well for me it's not so much hobby-related, but more simply sexual-related. When I see women think of how good they might be in bed, what they might like, how kinky they could be. I don't think in hobby terms, just pure sexuality.
Nope not at all, sort of juvenile to me Originally Posted by dreamvacationdates
I agree, and that's kind of my point. My CONSCIOUS mind has no interest in judging random strangers on what they do BCD. I couldn't give a flying fuck. However, after years of hobbying/playing/etc. I think our eyes begin to recognize "patterns" or "types" even when our CONSCIOUS minds aren't engaged.

Hence we start subconsciously thinking "Oh, yeah... she's a provider" even when we'd never intentionally dwell on considering the factuality of that.
What I think when I see a suitable sexy man ...hmm how can I turn you into a hobbyist
That happens to me all the time ... my sexiness, and 1.3" of dangling death.
The only time I think people are Hobbyists is when I see an older guy and a younger woman.