Pretty simple question (I think) .....

How easy (or hard) is it to change your legal name in the state of Texas?

Thanks in advance to those that reply,
Brooke
Do a google search How to Change your Name in Texas
Why thank you. I hadn't though of that. <------ That's my sarcasm font.

Of course I looked on google. Lots of pages, with lots of words, and lots of stuff to read, but I could not find any solid requirements or restrictions so I thought I'd ask one of the awesome legal eagles around here that have always guided me in the right direction in the past.
Brooke,
Not that hard, but more than easy.
Fill out a bunch of paperwork for a court order. And, of course, some fun filing fees.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u....45.htm#45.101

See Subchapter B

Highly recommend that this be discussed with an attorney in same county that you reside, as the paperwork needs to be "correct". (The petition and the "pre"-prepared court order)

Afterwards, must get new drivers licence and also notify Social Security (they'll usually ask for a copy of the court order or the certificate. So get extra copies).
Do you want to officially change your name to Brooke Wild? Haha.
Brooke,
Not that hard, but more than easy.
Fill out a bunch of paperwork for a court order. And, of course, some fun filing fees.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u....45.htm#45.101

See Subchapter B

Highly recommend that this be discussed with an attorney in same county that you reside, as the paperwork needs to be "correct". (The petition and the "pre"-prepared court order)

Afterwards, must get new drivers licence and also notify Social Security (they'll usually ask for a copy of the court order or the certificate. So get extra copies). Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That link breaks it down perfectly. Not a lot of jibberish like I've found all over the net.

Sounds like it's something I could easily move forward with.

Do you want to officially change your name to Brooke Wild? Haha. Originally Posted by ShysterJon
I laughed at that harder then I should have.

In all seriousness, I was adopted and while my mom and dad were phenomenal people and never made me feel anything less then their blood daughter, I never felt connected to anything and now that they have passed, I kind of feel like I am floating around, just here, lacking any real family so I've been thinking for a while that changing my name and giving myself a fresh start might help me some.
After getting your name changed be sure to get a passport and a passport card. You will then be able to use those in place of a birth certificate.

My last name was changed in 1955 along with ~30 relatives to escape antisemitism because the last name sounded 'Jewish'. We are all Christians.

You will have trouble connecting past achievements [schooling, degrees etc] with the present you. Think twice.