Kill Chat, and replace it with a Twitter feed

Chat is moribund. Hardly anyone visits or talks about it. It can’t be accessed by many mobile devices, which is how many of us consume the content.

Why not design a twitter feed consisting of member posts? Would that create any legal issues since you don’t control the posts?

I’d love to see the ownership try something different. The communication rooms available to us through this site are kind of getting stale.
Chat died when they no longer allowed provider to post their pics in chat. also the newer Mods have become White Knights rather than Moderators. Never used to be like that and has turned many away.
  • ~Ze~
  • 03-20-2018, 11:07 AM
Twitter isn't for having conversations. Yes, you are going to argue that is what PMs are for. Chat has a place for some.

I do agree it died once photos were no longer allowed.

I would love a ladies(or men) only chat, and group chats..

The issue is that chat is a moderation headache, and is abused/ turns into a troll playground.

Then again, moderation on this board is non existent no matter what part of the forums you are on.

Chat is still alive, most nights there can be between 20 and 50 people in there. A good mix of girls and guys.
Nah, just add video options. I would much rather video chat than type.
So, you want to have more than one person in a video chat?

FaceTime allows only two parties in a video call and only if both have iPhones or iPads.

Some third-party apps such as Booyah, Skype and Viber, are very useful in video calling multiple
people.

And there are sites that allow and encourage multiple chat-like forums with very little moderation.