General Patreaus Explains How Ukrainians Are Picking Off Generals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt2L14RcWP0

This is a pretty interesting video. General Patraeus has a way of explaining things in a very common sense fashion, especially how the Ukrainian snipers have killed five confirmed and possibly seven Russian General Officers.

One fact he explained is the Russian Army does not have an affective Non Commissioned Officer Core.

For us that are veterans, we understand how important a viable Non Commisioned Officer’s core is. They run the every day lives of soldiers.

Good video.
Good job Ukraine. Hopefully they’ll keep picking them off.
thought i saw a headline

a nun turned sniper with 40 kills
thought i saw a headline

a nun turned sniper with 40 kills Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
I take a lot of the info coming out of this war with a grain of salt. Both sides have their propaganda machines running at full throttle.

Patraeus is a stand up guy. I would tend to believe he knows what he is talking about.
I take a lot of the info coming out of this war with a grain of salt. Both sides have their propaganda machines running at full throttle.

Patraeus is a stand up guy. I would tend to believe he knows what he is talking about. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Surely, the propaganda level is pegging the meters. But I'm not a Patraeus fan. Just don't trust him.
Surely, the propaganda level is pegging the meters. But I'm not a Patraeus fan. Just don't trust him. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
i'm with you but the "journalist" he cavorted with was hot, at least the glamour shot i remember was
i'm with you but the "journalist" he cavorted with was hot, at least the glamour shot i remember was Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Yes, that hottie was a journalist, what ever that means these days? That's always risky. Not quite as risky as Eric Swawell doing ye olde Fang-Fang bang-bang with that AMP gal though. Guess I would like to see their own reviews of them and the ROS to see if they are worth the cost of admission before I would TOFTT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt2L14RcWP0

This is a pretty interesting video. General Patraeus has a way of explaining things in a very common sense fashion, especially how the Ukrainian snipers have killed five confirmed and possibly seven Russian General Officers.

One fact he explained is the Russian Army does not have an affective Non Commissioned Officer Core.

For us that are veterans, we understand how important a viable Non Commisioned Officer’s core is. They run the every day lives of soldiers.

Good video. Originally Posted by Jackie S
the russians are on the antiquated soviet centralized command/control system.

its a wonder they managed to defeat the germans with that system.

its a wonder they managed to defeat the germans with that system. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Pure manpower. Stalin had no qualms at all about loosing as many men as it took to advance the front.

Also, the infamous “rule 227”, which meant “not one step back”. That translated into Russian political forces executing retreating soldiers. Even their high ranking officers were subject to this rule.

Stalin’s famous quote, “it takes more courage for our troops to retreat than to advance” was a reality.
patreaus knows his shit. don't doubt his expert opinion.

its a wonder they managed to defeat the germans with that system. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Russia didn't defeat the Germans as much as the Germans defeated themselves. Hitler made many military mistakes throughout the war. what doomed the invasion of Russia was his insistence to lay siege to Moscow, Leningrad and Stalingrad. none of his top Generals were in favor of this, they advised Hitler to bypass them and keep advancing.

Pure manpower. Stalin had no qualms at all about loosing as many men as it took to advance the front.

Also, the infamous “rule 227”, which meant “not one step back”. That translated into Russian political forces executing retreating soldiers. Even their high ranking officers were subject to this rule.

Stalin’s famous quote, “it takes more courage for our troops to retreat than to advance” was a reality. Originally Posted by Jackie S

wonderful way to motivate the troops. retreat and we'll shoot you.