My reviews posting...

I have written a review, go to post it and it ask me to log in when I am already logged in, I'm not a fast typer, so could it be that its taking me too long to type my review, its has happen twice today...
I don't think typing slow should cause you to be logged out, although I guess it's possible. I'm going to ask other mods about this - maybe someone has a better answer.

Stay tuned.

JaG
Yes that may be the problem because I've had it happen to me before! I always write the review using Word first and then copy/paste into the different review fields.
Ok, thanks guys, I'll try to post my reviews again
Yes that may be the problem because I've had it happen to me before! I always write the review using Word first and then copy/paste into the different review fields. Originally Posted by vicinms
Word? Real men use text editors; and the most masculine of them use vi.

I type my reviews into the review form directly, but I make liberal use of the "preview" button.

I think there is some sort of "time out" function; if the site doesn't detect any activity it may automatically log you out of the site, and just typing into the review form counts as "no activity" as far as the site is concerned ("activity" means mostly jumping from post to post, forum to forum, etc.). Wordy bastard that I am, that has been a problem on at least one occasion (hence my practice of frequently clicking "preview"...).

Cheers,

bcg
Looks like the techie guys have given you some good answers - here are two I got from other mods:

Is he on a pc or cell phone? That happens to me when I'm on my cell phone and what I do is after I enter my username and password and when it says click here if your browser doesn't automatically forward you I click and of course it asks me to sign in again so I get off the internet. When I get on again you should only have to sign in once unless you have "keep me signed in" checked.

Another thing he can do is use a word program to do his ROS, then log in, fill out the review template and C&P the ROS to keep from being logged out.

Not sure about the first one, since I don't use my phone to access eccie, but the second one seems to be a favorite of several guys.

Hope this helps.

JaG