Hotel rooms - is it more discreet to have interior or exterior entrances into room

I am looking at booking an all suite type of lodging (Residence Inn, Staybridge, and etc.) since I can book a one bedroom suite with a fireplace.

I am curious, is it more discreet to book a hotel with exterior or interior (regular hotels like Omni, Hyatt, Hilton and etc.) entrance into the room?

I am very low volume, but still don't want to attract any undue attention.
Given a choice, I would prefer an interior entrance into the room. Its more discreet, and can't be viewed by people outside.
For me, there is some hesitation about going through the lobby of a lady's incall hotel. I always ask her for directions to the elevators, so I can look like I belong there...

Huck
Interior by far! I'll go a step farther. I prefer a busy hotel (restaurant, meeting rooms, vactioners, etc.) with people coming and going all day long.

"Extended Stay" type places, like the ones you are considering, IMO are some of the worst for discretion purposes. Most of the guests are at work/the client's site all day long & are ghost towns until the evening.

And if part of the allure of the "suite" is the kitchenette, etc. keep the place clean. Don't have foodstuffs etc. laying around. Clutter is a distraction to your guests
Interior entrance by far. As for fear of walking through the lobby, just act like you belong there. I've been on many business trips where I have returned to my hotel room during the middle of the day, so I don't feel awkward hanging out at a hotel. I just hate exterior entrances for a variety of reasons-- too conspicuous and just reeks of the cliched rendezvous with a hooker.
Interior entrances only for me please.

Not knowing who is standing outside of exterior ones scares the living shit outta me !
For me, there is some hesitation about going through the lobby of a lady's incall hotel. I always ask her for directions to the elevators, so I can look like I belong there...

Huck Originally Posted by urhuckleberry
just nod and walk right by. You will still look like you belong there. And as a guest, you do.
OSD
I am looking at booking an all suite type of lodging (Residence Inn, Staybridge, and etc.) since I can book a one bedroom suite with a fireplace.

I am curious, is it more discreet to book a hotel with exterior or interior (regular hotels like Omni, Hyatt, Hilton and etc.) entrance into the room?

I am very low volume, but still don't want to attract any undue attention. Originally Posted by gigi_gypsy
the difference in a Hotel and a Motel is one has a Hallway entrance
the other has MotorCar entrance

Hence:

Hotel
Motel

Hallway entrance's usually mean a desk clerk.

What sort of budget are you looking for, what amenities and what part of town?
Interior is preferred unless is it something like Homewood Suites or Residence Inn that has outside access. If I am in my hometown, most definitely prefer inside.
I could be wrong, but I know of NO suite type hotels that have exterior entrances.

I tend to stay in suite hotels, but only do outcalls to the hotel in which I am staying.

I would NOT want an exterior entrance. One of the reasons that places of lodging switched from exterior to interior (i.e. old v. new Hamptons) was the security factor. Opening an exterior door just left you too vulnerable to violence and bad people.

I DO agree with atl regarding the nature of suite hotels. If someone is seeing me, they're doing so at night or on the weekends. That's when I'm at the hotel. If you're planning on booking it for your incall, then a place that has a more transient clientele would make you more invisible.
I could be wrong, but I know of NO suite type hotels that have exterior entrances.
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Chuckie, almost all the suite type of lodging up here has exterior entrances (Marriot Residence, Courtyard by Marriot, Hilton Garden, etc) must be a regional thing.......
Chuckie, almost all the suite type of lodging up here has exterior entrances (Marriot Residence, Courtyard by Marriot, Hilton Garden, etc) must be a regional thing....... Originally Posted by Ed Highlight
I stay almost exclusively in suite hotels between 200 and 300 nights a year, and been doing it for about 15 years now. Mostly in Residence Inns and Homewood Suites. Except in one old Hampton Inn, I have never opened my room door onto the parking lot. That would be an exterior entrance. When I do open my room door, it's on a hallway. That is an interior entrance.
I would prefer an indoor .I will not stay at a hotel unless it is a four star hotel.
I stay almost exclusively in suite hotels between 200 and 300 nights a year, and been doing it for about 15 years now. Mostly in Residence Inns and Homewood Suites. Except in one old Hampton Inn, I have never opened my room door onto the parking lot. That would be an exterior entrance. When I do open my room door, it's on a hallway. That is an interior entrance. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Ed, I take it back about the RIs. Most I have stayed in had doors that opened onto a hallway. However, there are some that are build like condos...I've stayed in only about 3...that have doors that open onto a breezeway, or a stairwell platform that is shared with about 3 other rooms.
Ed, I take it back about the RIs. Most I have stayed in had doors that opened onto a hallway. However, there are some that are build like condos...I've stayed in only about 3...that have doors that open onto a breezeway, or a stairwell platform that is shared with about 3 other rooms. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Charles,

A condo(minium) is a legal term where a specified part of a piece of real estate is individually owned while use of and access to common areas is shared.

Condos can be built in any number of ways to include interior or exterior entries.