there goes the family farm

Attempts to save the family farm in America have been many. Keep the farms from turning into corporate entities. Even to the point of voodoo economics with some of the farm policies used over the years. A big one was when you got paid not to plant, to keep grain surpluses down and market prices up.

But maybe these rules don't apply to Bill Gates. He has been gobbling up farmland and continues to buy more.

I hope you don’t like steak
I hate to say it but better than China buying it. I think we need a law just like China does to us. You want to start a business in America, we own 51% and have access to all your technology and NO, China can not buy one acre of farmland in America, period.

According to reports, China owns more than 2 billion in farmland in the US. I wouldn't bet my life on that number but it's a helluva lot more than it should be which is nothing.
I hate to say it but better than China buying it. I think we need a law just like China does to us. You want to start a business in America, we own 51% and have access to all your technology and NO, China can not buy one acre of farmland in America, period.

According to reports, China owns more than 2 billion in farmland in the US. I wouldn't bet my life on that number but it's a helluva lot more than it should be which is nothing. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
100 year ranchers are selling their farms along the I-35 corridor here in Texas to developers. Really can’t blame them , although I do, no way the land would ever turn that much capital. Just too many fucking out of staters coming here to ruin the state. Used to be les and miles of rugged beautiful landscape turned into fucking concrete. The morons around here sold their water rights and San Antonio’s city 3 plus hours from here is drawing an untrainable aquifer to water fucking golf courses. The things some people will do for money
Bill Gates has pledged to give away his $ 120 billion fortune. But he still has enough left over to accumulate all this farmland, and a super yacht.

$ 120 billion is: 120 stacks of 1,000 million

That's a lot of dough.

According to reports, China owns more than 2 billion in farmland in the US. I wouldn't bet my life on that number but it's a helluva lot more than it should be which is nothing. Originally Posted by HedonistForever

Well that was interesting, Tucker found a clip of Biden some time in the past telling a crowd of people that we should be just like China. If you want to start a company in America, 50% of that company will remain in American control. To bad he lied about that like everything else he lies about. Biden is making Trump look like Washington and the cherry tree.
It's kind of a stretch bringing Biden and China into a thread about Bill Gates.

But if that's what is on your mind.......okay !
#6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not.
My apologies to the board, I think at this point, I should just stop entering into any thread started by VM. Again my apologies to the board.
#6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not. Originally Posted by biomed1
was HF's post out of line with this thread?

it is after all about control regardless of "whom".