NBA Title Series

Who are you rooting for and who do you think will win?

Cheering for the Heat, Heat in 6
I think Dallas is playing better team ball right now and will win.

I've rooted against Miami since James, Bosh and Wade decided they were their own heroes. It will give me great pleasure watching Mama James meltdown to the media after her son blows a game or two.
  • Booth
  • 05-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Okay I've got to ask. Why would anyone not from Florida want Miami?

Hell, even Wyldeman and I are going to agree on this one.

Okay I've got to ask. Why would anyone not from Florida want Miami?

Hell, even Wyldeman and I are going to agree on this one.

Originally Posted by Booth
I'd think some Spurs and Rockets fans perhaps despise the Mavs, and will root against them...

Just like some Mets fans will never root for the Yanks or the Cubbie fans will always hate the White Sox, Islander and Ranger fans root against each other and so on..

or State rival teams such as the Bengals and the Browns absolutely wouldn't root for the other
  • Booth
  • 05-29-2011, 09:55 AM
I'd think some Spurs and Rockets fans perhaps despise the Mavs, and will root against them...

Just like some Mets fans will never root for the Yanks or the Cubbie fans will always hate the White Sox, Islander and Ranger fans root against each other and so on.. Originally Posted by KosherCowboy
I don't think the Houston-Dallas rivalry crosses over into other sports beyond football. I'm a lifelong Astros fan who is indifferent about The Rangers but it was easy to pull for them over the Yankees last year. Same with pulling for the Mavs over the Heat. Dirk and Kidd are likeable players so any anti-Dallas sentiment among Rockets and Spurs fans is minimal.

I can hold off on hating the Mavs until next season when they're defending champions.
I like Dallas but I really hadn't followed it much and I didn't know the previous series were over LOL
as long as its not the hyped la & bos...both mavs & heat has demonstrated hard work & desire, & no letdowns during the season to "preserve energy". gonna be the most enjoyable finals in a long time.
I hoping Dallas can win it. Last time they were in the championship was such a dissapointung experience.
The best part of the NBA playoffs has been Dirk's performances putting him into the NBAs elite player category. He has always been recognized as an outstanding player, but not in the same category as James or Bryant. That has definitely changed.

My enjoyment of the NBA decreases each year. Give me March Madness any day.
I go for all Texas teams. I am a Spurs fan first the Dallas Mavs fan Second. I am thinking the Mavs are due to win their first championship.
Mavs weren't suppose to be here so they have nothing to lose. GO MAVs!!!
Even though I now spend most of my time in Austin, I am a lifelong Houstonian. I have always been a fan of all Houston teams. With that said, I admit that I normally pull for the Spurs once the Rockets are eliminated. However, the same feelings have never extended to the Mavs or the Cowboys! I tolerate the Rangers but mostly because of a strong Nolan Ryan/Houston connection. (In case you did not know, Nolan also grew up in the Houston area!)

In this series it is 'Go Heat', Miami in 7!

(Yes, I admit to being a little stubborn at times)
I feel the same way about Dallas teams, bigtex, but Labron James is a bigger asshole than Carlos Beltran in terms of flipping off the fans. Bigger than Bud Adams, even!

So I'm going to root for whatever's on the other channel!
  • Booth
  • 05-31-2011, 06:34 PM
If Lebron wins now both he and his mother will become insufferable. Would love to see Dirk serve him a big dose of humility. Go Mavs!

Edit: Even their player intros are obnoxious. I can't remember the last time I pulled so hard AGAINST a team.
Gawd I just can't watch it. The announcing crew is so busy fellating Lebron its embarrassing. You know there's another team playing? And when healthy D-Wade is arguably the better player on Miami.

I hate Stuart Scott and evidently he's got cancer so they are putting him on a pedestal. Plus I have to look at his wandering eye because somebody made him lead analyst. Its worse than when Amhad Rashad was fellating Michael Jordan.