I'm just sayin'

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...7189.html?vp=1

No republicant believed this Nobel Prize winning economist when he told us how to get out of the recession/depression. Of course not. That would be like believing in science.

Even Obama didn't seize the moment when he had both houses of Congress and the White House and ramp up spending even more than he did. If he had, we would have a stronger economy, albeit with higher debt. But we would have more people working (eg paying taxes) to pay down the debt. This is literally Econ 101. That's how it works folks. Always has.

The republicant austerity argument is fundamentally flawed, but do you think they'll give it up? NAW!
Without starting the name calling that democrats always love to do, because anyone who disagrees with them has to be an idiot, I will say that I don't think I have seen much recovery.
We have a 7.7% unemployment rate, that would be higher if not for a few isolated oil booms in Texas, Colorado, North Dakota and Pennsylvania. In south Texas if not for the Eagle Ford Shale the economy would be horrible.
The US debt in 2009 was 11.9 trillion, 2010 was 13.5 trillion, 2011 was 14.8 trillion, 2012 was 16.1 trillion, and will be around 17.2 trillion in 2013, with 18.2 trillion in 2014 expected.
And you're sayng spend more?
I am not an economist, but I know that any business, or person that keeps increasing his debt is fuckin broke. This is like the family that lives on credit in order to maintain a lifestyle they can't afford. At some point it can and will come crashing down.
I don't claim to have all the answers about what will fix this debt and our economy, but I don't believe running up huge debt is the answer. Raising taxes on already stressed business' and working people isn't either.
Common sense tells us if we want less debt we have to stop spending money
I don't know how you can say an economy would be stronger even if the debt were higher. If I make more money, but keep spending more then I am still broke.
If I used these same ideas running my business then I would be bankrupt the first time I had a slowdown.
Fire away rj.
Well said Smitty! AND FYI....Austerity happens when you spend spend spend and the banks finally say GO FUCK YOURSELF, WE'RE NOT LENDING ANYMORE FOR YOU TO GIVE AWAY YOU BROKE FUCK. Austerity happens because at some point you run out of other people's money.

RJ, if you want to talk Economics 101, go back to Calvin Coolage. You should remember him...you were probably a young teenage buck at the time. He cut government spending in half, by the end of his presidency cut the % of debt to GDP in half and gave us the roaring 20's.
1. Corporations do not actually pay taxes. I believe that taxes are a business expense covered by raising prices of goods and services to the consumer to cover the expense. Am I right Smitty? Little Guy pays!

2, So he couldn't get his "Cap and Trade" through congress. He did campaign in 2008 on the basis of killing the coal industry (50% of generating capacity). He is hurting the coal industry through 1500 pages of EPA regulations that were promulgated late last year/early this year. Plants are converting to gas. Little GUY PAYS!

3. Gas exploration/production have exploded. So what has his administration done? Shut off e/p of gas on federal land. Not permitting drilling for oil. Planning on increasing taxes on big oil and reducing subsidies for same. Little Guy pays!

4. Keywhatever pipeline, jobs and oil. Little Guy pays!

5. Alternative energies are nowhere near ready to step in. How many solar companies going bankrupt and admin pouring money into them as they go down the tubes? Solyndra for one! Car companies? How about Fiskars, A Finnish company! Little Guy pays!

6. The gasohol fuck story. Added carcinogens! statistically insignificant in reducing dependence on foreign oil but raises the price of food world wide! Little guy pays!

7. Wind power! Wind is not reliable, is minimally efficient and expensive! Too many windmills/fields alter wind patterns and change weather downwind. Not ready for primetime! Little guy pays!

8. Sen. Max Baucus, (D, Montana), nominally in charge of writing Obamacare, says that it will be a trainwreck! Pelosi said we have to pass the bill so we can see what's in it! 2,500 page bill, 15,000 pages of regulations! Very few will ever receive any care due to inertia and the complexity of the program. Elites and unions exempt. Why not use all those new IRS thousands and go after ALL the fraud, waste and abusers and recover some of that money before MORE new taxes?

9. I could go on forever. I also disagreed with part of Jimmy Carter's (D, Georgia)Community Reinvestment Act which Clinton took to new heights, directly causing the economic crashes of the decade which were directed by Barney Frank, (D, MA) and Chris Dodd, (D, CT). Don't forget their Financial Reform Act which screwed the Little Guy and nothing to correct the problems it was supposed to deal with. Little Guy pays!

10. H Clinton is proud as a peacock because she is a Woodrow Wilson Progressive. If anyone is curious please check his history as prez, wonderful reading. Little Guy is still paying!

11. Both parties suck! Both only care about the professional politicians! What really bothers me is this one's constant grabs for more power over our daily lives!!!!! I resent the Progressive's attempts to turn us all into chattal slaves of the state! We were founded as a representative republic not a democracy. rule of law rather than tyranny by the majority! Little Guy still paying!

12. Did I call the "gun-grabbing" or what? Can't get the legislation from the one's who are supposed to so going to use Executive Orders! and the Little Guy will still be paying!

11. I am also not too fond of the other party!
Smitty
When Obama took office Bush left him with 10% unemployment. So you think your business/personal economics is the the same as macro government econ, really? See that is where most republicants that have never understood economic policy, only micro business economics, miss the point.
The banality of "common sense" is for those who do not care to understand how a national economy really works. Krugman nailed it and has far more credibility than the "common sense" of the average tea bagger.

TG: why can't you ever have an original thought and stop being
Smitty' s cheerleaader bitch? Really! We are in an arguement that is far above your pay grade grasshopper. You really should bow out before I embarass you again.

Gomez adams: try to focus buddy..you must be off your meds again. Please renew that Ritalin Rx
RJ, why bring your politics to a hooker board?
You would Sound so much more intelligent talking about how great a TS' s pussy is..
Just sayin..
Democrats only have a few more years to blame Bush before Obama's second term is up. December 2008 the unemployment rate was 7.3%. At the end of 2009 it was at 9.9%. If you dig hard enough you can find someone on either side to back up your theories. Yes, Krugman has more credibility than your average working guy, but it doesn't make him right. Bush was elected president of the United States and the democrats give him 0 credibilty, yet figure the former community organizer is a genius.
I'm not going to continue this argument because it has long been proven that the parties will never agree, which is why we have two parties. I really do hope that you're right rj, for the sake of the future, but I don't think you are. Democrats always say republicans can't see the big picture, but we feel the same is true about democrats.
Gomez, I can't speak about the taxes of large corporations, but my small corporation paid through the nose this tax season. Between taxes on profits, property tax and franchise tax it wasn't pretty.
I did keep enough to see a few girls this coming year though, so it's not all bad.
Just to stir things up, what about Obama not being after your guns? I never saw you apologize for being so clueless on previous debates.
Just to stir things up, what about Obama not being after your guns? I never saw you apologize for being so clueless on previous debates. Originally Posted by sharkey
I'll say it again. Obama is not, has not and will not try to take your guns.

There is no need to apologize when you are right. Lol
Mr Smith III. My point is that for you to stay in business you have to pay your bills. When material, labor, insurance, taxes etc., costs go up you have to pass on those cost increases to your customers in order to make a profit and have some living money for the SO and play money for yourself. You technically sign the check but the money came from the customer who contracted for the goods and services you provided. May be nit-picking but the great divider's tax the rich, tax big oil sound great to the low information voter who is easily bought off without understanding that he/she is the ultimate payer of everything.
These arguments are usually just meant to stir up shit. RJ's probably just trying to find a way to get a hard on without filling the old Rx bottle. Sometimes I just want to kick the old fucker in the mouth. I just dont want to get Fixodent all over my $175 shoes. Us low pay grade people have to take care of their shit.
Gomez, that's not always the case. Some companies (maybe larger or just more financially stable) may absorb increases in taxes, insurance, etc. to stay competitive. So, when the small business that is barely making it gets the increase in taxes or health insurance they're forced to try and absorb it and stay in business. So what can they do? They hire less, maybe layoff people to make up what they dont have to lose and make everyone work harder and stress more. They dont just sit back and raise prices.
These arguments are usually just meant to stir up shit. RJ's probably just trying to find a way to get a hard on without filling the old Rx bottle. Sometimes I just want to kick the old fucker in the mouth. I just dont want to get Fixodent all over my $175 shoes. Us low pay grade people have to take care of their shit. Originally Posted by That.guy001
What you would like to do and what you can actually can do two are completely different things grasshopper.
I suggest that once and for all we have a no holds barred grudge match between the old democrat,,, rj, barack diner, and the republican, gw that guy. Lets settle this ongoing fued.
We can get Elgato to be the ref, he's probably the most impartial guy here,,,, fuck it, we don't need a ref, everythings allowed. If rj wins, that guy has to buy him a girl, and carry his box of wine for him, and if that guy wins, rj has to buy him his next 4 girls. ( it equals out money wise). Niether has to admit the other was right, because thats just too much for either too bear. Whats the point of all this you ask? There is no point, but it might be entertaining, and it beats the fuck out of arguing politics.
TFF.