GR!!! WTF is a bitcoin?!

This is hobby related I think, if not feel free to move this thread...

but what the flipping fuck is a bitcoin?! Backpage is now asking for payment via these things and I'm trying to figure out how to purchase them but it says something about Bitcoin exchange rate is $249.85 or something... I am so confused?!

Any ladies who use BP, can you chime in and help me out?

Literally me right now --------------->
Informative pickupkid, but did not help me at all in how to buy it... :/
Try this:

https://www.coinbase.com

You have to set up an account with coinbase (or other similar websites, can also set up on smartphone). Then you link this to your checking account and purchase bitcoins. Bitcoins are an internet currency and you can pay online or transfer money wherever this is accepted. The benefit is that it is completely anonymous and untraceable (unlike credit card payments).

I haven't tried it.
Buy them at https://www.coinbase.com/

.... oops, someone beat me to it.

I have used bitcoin a few times, but it's kind of like trading in foreign currency - the value of your "money" goes up and down from one day to the next.
....your "money" goes up and down.... Originally Posted by John4229
I much prefer to see my hobby money go in and out.
LOL coverme! One website wanted me to download something... can't do that since I'm on a borrowed laptop :/ Checking out coinbase.com now... thank you!
Backpage is now asking for payment via these things Originally Posted by lovelyevelyn
Has backpage stopped offering free ads? They've been free since the credit card payment got shut down. Just open a new account there.
If you accept bitcoin, I have these rare Pokemon cards I can pay you with. Seriously though, bitcoin is unstable form of currency. avoid it.
So... I figured out a way around it.. LOL basically they want you to pay to move your ad to the top of the list. But you can go and just post a new ad and voila. No fee.

Thank you all for your input and help.
Should you reconsider bumping your ads: I have bits and and I have coins, in abundance. We can work something out.
Bits of what, may I ask?
Bits of what, may I ask? Originally Posted by lovelyevelyn
This and that, of course.
  • Mokoa
  • 08-08-2015, 04:16 PM
Not hobby related.

Moved to the proper forum.