Where to eat healthy when I arrive in SA

So like I've been on a diet for a minute & I was wondering where there were some good healthy places for me to eat the San Antonio area.. This will be my first time here & I have no clue where anything is an someone help me out? Lol
Its hard to find any restaurants in San Antonio that have true health food on the menu. You may want to bring some fruit and health food along with you.
Eat healthy in the Capitol of Tex-Mex? Good luck with that.
Whole Foods market in The Quarry has a kitchen that sells healthy fare. Also some gluten-free bakeries with cafes if you want info PM me.
I have not been but... www.salata.com
Welcome to our city!

While you are here I would definitely try Green Vegetarian Cuisine

There is a a location at Pearl as well but for your stay this location is probably the most convenient.
Zocca on market street downtown has healthy food and a gluten free menu... Its right on the river walk or by car u valet your vehicle withe the hotel on 420 market street and they validate it for free parking....
The cove is near downtown and has real healthy food...
Or if u give me some time I come up with some more places ..this just jumped out in a hurry
The heb at Alamo nights has high end items to suit the crowed of Alamo nights... By the airport is a whole foods store... Don't mind my capitals... To complicated to fix it on phone in a hurry
Or u can let me take u out... just joking
Welcome to our city!

While you are here I would definitely try Green Vegetarian Cuisine

There is a a location at Pearl as well but for your stay this location is probably the most convenient. Originally Posted by SA Angel
While Green may be vegetarian, with lots of fried food, not gonna call it healthy. Soup or Salad maybe? There are a few stir fry joints around. I just find the healthiest thing on a given menu usually.
Many restaurants will cook your meal to order if you ask. I usually have all seasonings left out and ask for steamed or sautéed vegetables, I usually drink water and try to cut the carbs when I can.
In this city, there are many places to sightsee to walk off this extra calories.
Enjoy your stay.
What a lovely topic for The Sandbox.
  • HUMP!
  • 08-08-2015, 11:55 AM
I have not been but... www.salata.com Originally Posted by nomuff2tuff
Hey Amber,
As muff2tuff says, Salata is very good, serving great cafeteria style (custom order) salads from what amounts to a dogfood bowl. As odd as that sounds, they are are excellent and tasty salads on which you may add from a selection of high quality ingredients. And there's enough to take home, too. Closed on Sunday; lunchtime during week is very crowded. Evenings are easy to get in.
http://zoeskitchen.com/

I live near the one at The Strand.... the Tossed Greek salad is pretty awesome....the Chicken Salad items are good as well... many other options as well... Enjoy your stay
Papoullis
  • Mokoa
  • 08-08-2015, 03:26 PM
Not hobby related.

Moved to the proper forum.
Omg! No has no one recommended Cafe Gorgeous Boriqua?? =D