Is your body your body?

Who is it degrading?

The women that choose NOT to get paid for it.
Prostitution will end once men stop wanting sex/companionship. Never.

I do wish they could do away with pimps/traffickers a lot faster for the sake of trafficked kids/women.
Prostitution will end once men stop wanting sex/companionship. Never.

I do wish they could do away with pimps/traffickers a lot faster for the sake of trafficked kids/women. Originally Posted by SxySpanishMia
If you legalize it, you CAN!
Body ownership?

That is the divider between a true Indipendent Provider who can set her rates, define her menu and choose her clients from those whose choices are limited by someone else.
You sure as hell own it when you want to suck an unborn kid out of it.
If you legalize it, you CAN! Originally Posted by garhkal
In theory--

But I've worked in a legal brothel in Nevada. Some of those girls STILL have a pimp and a quota to meet before they're allowed to come home.
You sure as hell own it when you want to suck an unborn kid out of it. Originally Posted by tonyvicksa
I agree with this.......
If abortion is legal because "my body my choice" and it's legal for a woman to "rent" her uterus for women that can't conceive or carry a baby.....then why the hell NOT legalize the oldest profession???
I agree with this.......
If abortion is legal because "my body my choice" and it's legal for a woman to "rent" her uterus for women that can't conceive or carry a baby.....then why the hell NOT legalize the oldest profession??? Originally Posted by Krystal_RoseBBW
I agree... and who says the delivery system for getting her pregnant can’t be done the old fashioned way? We’re talking the whole ‘shebang!’
Pun intended.
I agree with this.......
If abortion is legal because "my body my choice" and it's legal for a woman to "rent" her uterus for women that can't conceive or carry a baby.....then why the hell NOT legalize the oldest profession??? Originally Posted by Krystal_RoseBBW

Simple answer on abortion, gun control, immigration, any other controversial issue with arguments on both sides:

Politicians rarely give up on any issue that can continue to help them raise cash, garner votes and keep them in tall clover and in office.

Complex answer on abortion, etc.:

(see simple answer) and

media loves the controversy and the opportunity to show the media's "sympathetic" side, and
media rarely give up on any issue that can continue to help them sell papers, time, space, ads, etc.

Apply the above to the P. With the exception that if politicians could figure out a way to make tax it for significant sums, they certainly would attempt to do so.
Politicians rarely give up on any issue that can continue to help them raise cash, garner votes and keep them in tall clover and in office. Originally Posted by ck1942

It's all about cash and votes. Little else matters to them.
I have discussed legalization with several ladies. Many do not like the Nevada "houses". They don't like sharing one-half their earnings, they don't like being bound (contractually) to the house for several days at a time, they don't like being a "captive customer" for food, laundry services, etc.

I would be very interested in the dissertation the UNLV student produces after her work in the legal brothels.

There was a book out several years ago called "Brothel", written by a MSW that had done her internship working with a Times Square outreach charity that gave assistance to street prostitutes of NYC. She went to Nevada after graduation to investigate the legal houses. Her conclusion was that the Nevada model was probably the safest, for the girls and the punters, way for prostitution to be conducted.

Besides the usual religious/puritanical opponents are the man-hating lesbian-feminazis who oppose any kind of legalization on moral or political grounds.

Legalize it, regulate it and tax it.
It's all about cash and votes. Little else matters to them. Originally Posted by cowboy8055
Just like taxes. Once a tax is implemented, even an act of god, often can't get rid of it.. EVEN WHEN that tax was legally pushed in as a temporary tax for a specific reason..
In theory--

But I've worked in a legal brothel in Nevada. Some of those girls STILL have a pimp and a quota to meet before they're allowed to come home. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Yes, I agree with this. If it's legalized, chances are that we would no longer be independent contractors. We would have to do the same amount of work (or more to meet quotas), yet do so under someone else's terms AND give a large chunk of our earnings to someone else. No thanks.
In theory--

But I've worked in a legal brothel in Nevada. Some of those girls STILL have a pimp and a quota to meet before they're allowed to come home. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Exactly why I'm not sold on 'legalization.'

I saw a documentary on brothels in Las Vegas. Imo it seemed close to sex slavery. The girls were lacking a lot of freedom. I don't see why it's controversial for a woman to make money off her own body-and keep it.

The whole thing is silly to me. A woman can screw a man, he gives her a BMW, and that's fine.

In this day and age a woman can go on POF and have sex with any number of people. That's fine. If he leaves her a little cash, people get on their moral high horses.