Relocating to Austin... not a ThreAD, but yeah.. a bit of a ThreAD

LMAO-- for giggles, I Google mapped the address coordinates. Its all clear now.

Looks like Humpty would fit right in over in Hamilton Ohio.

I guess I should have also mentioned that I'm not necessarily looking for a place that would be good to hobby from. I so seldom play anymore that having good schools and safety is more important than having a location that is easy for the guys. Unlike Humpty-- I don't shit where I eat If I decide to get active in the hobby when in Austin.. I'll get a second incall for that.
LMAO-- for giggles, I Google mapped the address coordinates. Its all clear now.

Looks like Humpty would fit right in over in Hamilton Ohio.

I guess I should have also mentioned that I'm not necessarily looking for a place that would be good to hobby from. I so seldom play anymore that having good schools and safety is more important than having a location that is easy for the guys. Unlike Humpty-- I don't shit where I eat If I decide to get active in the hobby when in Austin.. I'll get a second incall for that. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
So did you check out the areas I suggested? What do you think?

How do you expect to pay astronomical Austin rent if you rarely hobby around?
Simple. I have a real job that pays fairly well. My budget would allow me to go as high as 1400/month, without needing a single hobby dollar.
What the hell kinda real world job do you have? I'm a bit skeptical.
The kind that I went to school for. It also helps that I don't have any credit card debt, nor do I have a taste for designer goods. I live pretty simply and quietly for the most part. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't "party".

It doesn't take a small fortune to live well when you don't have a lot of habits to fund.
  • Loxly
  • 11-18-2018, 09:09 PM
Well, when the dust settles I hope to be "graced" with your presence. Enjoy the upcoming holiday.
Thanks darlin-- hope you and yours have a fantastic Turkey Day!!
What did you go to school for? What kinda job do you have? I need to know so I can change career paths in case i wanna move back to Austin.
  • Old-T
  • 11-19-2018, 12:51 PM
What the hell kinda real world job do you have? I'm a bit skeptical. Originally Posted by Humpty Dumpty
You seem to be skeptical about many things. But in some ways you are consistent: Non-whites cause crime. Women can't possibly have well paying jobs. Probably can extend that to all folks who don't look like you are deficient. You remind me of a things I used to read from antebellum southern politicians. How do you tolerate a state like Ohio? MS, AL, LA all have relatively low costs of living, and might have sympathies closer to yours.
What did you go to school for? What kinda job do you have? I need to know so I can change career paths in case i wanna move back to Austin. Originally Posted by Humpty Dumpty
I went to school for an education.

I have the kind of job that pays a decent enough living.

Feel free to stay in Ohio. It seems more your speed.
Hey Grace welcome to Austin , happy holidays!
  • Old-T
  • 11-19-2018, 09:16 PM
I went to school for an education.

I have the kind of job that pays a decent enough living.

Feel free to stay in Ohio. It seems more your speed. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Grace, most of us living in Ohio would gladly kick him out in exchange for you dear lady!
Old-T

I've been in Ohio for the past 3 years. Where the heck you been?
  • Old-T
  • 11-19-2018, 10:28 PM
Dear young lady, I do indeed reside in OH, at least officially. But the reality is i travel 3+ weeks a month outside the state for work. Alas, when i am in Ohio I am either catching up on maintenance, etc., or catching up on my sleep. And if I had spent time with you I expect I would be even more sleep deprived than I am.
Some suggested south for lower rents. I think if you need to get to the Domain area any time near rush hour, that would be a huge painful mistake. Traffic is awful.

There are nice apartments all around that area, with the ones IN the Domain generally the most expensive but you get an enviable walk-able lifestyle. Look down off of Great Hills Trail and Stonelake in the Arboretum. There are a couple older but still nice complexes at Mopac and Duval. To save some money go a little north and look into places on Wells Branch Parkway.

Once you go East on Parmer closer to Lamar/35 things get a bit sketchier, but nothing up there is really that all that bad. North of central Austin, South of Round Rock and East of 35 - generally avoid, especially around 183 and 35 and North.

There are some nice places up Parmer Northwest, but the Parmer/Mopac intersection is definitely a PITA at rush hour.