Where is the Best Kansas City BBQ?

Planning a trip to Kansas City. I have always heard yalls BBQ is the best. Where is a good place to get some? I have to try some
you're going to start a fight! MY opinion is #1 jack stack #2 KC Joes #3 Arthur Bryants
you're going to start a fight! MY opinion is #1 jack stack #2 KC Joes #3 Arthur Bryants Originally Posted by trip mcneely
trip is correct.

I'd just visit Jack Stack and Joe's over and over though and not even waste time on any others.
Not trying to start a fight Just want to know where to get some BBQ lol
trip is correct.

I'd just visit Jack Stack and Joe's over and over though and not even waste time on any others. Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon
Maybe throw in Q39 if you feel like you need to switch things up and have a sweeter BBQ. And if in the mood for smoked chicken I dont think there is a better place than Johnny's BBQ in Mission or Olathe. I mean the smoke it and finish it off in the fryer to keep it juicy.
trip: it's not a fight at all, because

Holly, you've started a war (and this would not be the first war a cute gal started).

1. Oklahoma Joes, (now just called Joe's)
2. Fiorella's (Jack Stack)
3. Danny Edwards (Son of Jake)
4. BB's (and they have live blues music frequently)
5. Rosedale
6. LC's (a dive but the food is excellent, order to go)

Honestly, it ends up simply being which part of town you're in, cause KC bbq rocks.

For north of river:
Wabash in Excelsior Springs
Tin Kitchen in Weston
Depot Salon in Avondale
edit add:
Smoking Guns in NKC (but Avondale is better if you can find it)
Smoking guns is pretty good as well in NKC
Planning a trip to Kansas City. I have always heard yalls BBQ is the best. Where is a good place to get some? I have to try some Originally Posted by Holly Shields
Narrow it down by where you're staying.
We have quantity and quality when it comes to bbq, so you're close to something pretty damm good no matter.
Holly , when you come to KC just remember.... Stay away from smokehouse BBQ and dickeys. Not the best representation of KC BBQ. Jack stack has a item they called "Crown prime beef rib". Its a life changing experience. Trust me.
TEXAS!!! lol

seriously.....not as good as Texas,but damn good for KC....
Oklahoma Joes
Jack Stack and Q39 1&2 ,OJ okay on some days.
Look at it this way, when Obama came to town last year he went to Gates for BBQ and everyone made fun of his choice. On the way out of town to the airport, someone dropped back and went to Joe's for some real BBQ. How can you not take the word of a Kenyan born president of the US?

Joe's is my choice.
Was there the same backlash prevalent after Obama's Arthur Bryant's visit?
joes is great but burnt ends are best at Q39, jack stack has bad ass ribs, all other bbq go to joes