The Real Purpose of Government Education

"Education is best provided by the free market, achieving greater quality, accountability and efficiency with more diversity of choice. Recognizing that the education of children is a parental responsibility, we would restore authority to parents to determine the education of their children, without interference from government. Parents should have control of and responsibility for all funds expended for their children's education." - Libertarian Party Platform
Another thread from the Unawhiner which explains the REAL meaning of life to us all.
You brought it up in another thread, Assup. I posted this to enlighten you. You don't have that much to work with, but I'm doing my best.
Government and teachers unions have turned public schools into government dependence indoctrination centers.
I can't remember where I read it but I saw a book written in the 1920s that said that public education's purpose was to take farmers and turn them into productive factory workers that could arrive on time, take minimal training, have rudimentary reading skills, work a full day, and go home when they are supposed to. If you want your children to learn to be leaders then they need to go to the private colleges where thinking is still taught.

Now for the doubters, want to tell us where that is wrong considered the state of education today?
An educator, eh?
I can't remember where I read it but I saw a book written in the 1920s that said that public education's purpose was to take farmers and turn them into productive factory workers that could arrive on time, take minimal training, have rudimentary reading skills, work a full day, and go home when they are supposed to. If you want your children to learn to be leaders then they need to go to the private colleges where thinking is still taught.

Now for the doubters, want to tell us where that is wrong considered the state of education today? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

Since you remember the date it was written, you must remember the title.

Or didn't you learn how to remember or how to perform research you racist piece of shit? Do you remember what that racist term you casually through out was?

School me teacher. I think you're a liar. Let me rephrase that.

I know you are a lying, racist piece of shit.

OK, fine. The part about you being a piece of shit is just my opinion.
Can you prove he's a racists?
Can you prove he's a racists? Originally Posted by redriverronin
Can you prove he's not?
Since you remember the date it was written, you must remember the title.

Or didn't you learn how to remember or how to perform research you racist piece of shit? Do you remember what that racist term you casually through out was?

School me teacher. I think you're a liar. Let me rephrase that.

I know you are a lying, racist piece of shit.

OK, fine. The part about you being a piece of shit is just my opinion. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman

You need to calm down. Seriously, you sound like you're frothing at the mouth.
You need to calm down. Seriously, you sound like you're frothing at the mouth. Originally Posted by joe bloe
When Cockmunchermaster froths at the mouth his fonts turn blue. And BTW, that's not froth.
  • WTF
  • 02-18-2013, 06:24 AM
Government and teachers unions have turned public schools into government dependence indoctrination centers. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Kinda like Churches do?
Kinda like Churches do? Originally Posted by WTF

Churches encourage people to worship God. Government schools encourage people to worship the government. God is worthy of worship; the government isn't.
  • WTF
  • 02-18-2013, 06:35 AM
Churches encourage people to worship God. Government schools encourage people to worship the government. God is worthy of worship; the government isn't. Originally Posted by joe bloe
So says you...I worship neither God nor Government.

What you fail to understand is that God fearing folks want to run both the government and their Church. They are both just political tools to control the masses. You should be smart enough to know that.
So says you...I worship neither God nor Government.

What you fail to understand is that God fearing folks want to run both the government and their Church. They are both just political tools to control the masses. You should be smart enough to know that. Originally Posted by WTF
America is one of the most religious countries in the world while at the same being the most free. Most of the founders were devout Christians. They wrote a Constitution that was designed to maximize personal freedom including the freedom of religion. If your theory was right, the founders would have made Christianity the national religion instead of prohibitiing the establishment of a national religion.