Houston Chronicle on Ted Cruz: We miss Hutchison

From Politico:

Chronicle on Ted Cruz: We miss Hutchison

The editorial board says Cruz has failed to live up to their expectations.

By TAL KOPAN | 10/16/13 8:34 AM EDT

The Houston Chronicle editorial board expressed remorse over its endorsement of Sen. Ted Cruz in the Senate race last year, saying he has failed to live up to their expectations.

“When we endorsed Ted Cruz in last November’s general election, we did so with many reservations and at least one specific recommendation - that he follow Hutchison’s example in his conduct as a senator. Obviously, he has not done so. Cruz has been part of the problem in specific situations where Hutchison would have been part of the solution,” the Texas paper board wrote in an editorial titled, “Why we miss Kay Bailey Hutchison”.

The Chronicle lamented the retirement of Cruz’s predecessor in the Senate, saying she may have made a difference in the government shutdown were she still in the Senate.

“We’re not sure how much difference one person could make in the toxic, chaotic, hyperpartisan atmosphere in Washington, but if we could choose just one it would be Hutchison, whose years of service in the Senate were marked by two things sorely lacking in her successor, Ted Cruz,” the Chronicle wrote, citing her putting the best interests of Texas above all else and her willingness to work across the aisle. “We feel certain she would have worked shoulder to shoulder with Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, in crafting a workable solution that likely would have avoided the government shutdown altogether. But we’ll never know.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/1...#ixzz2i1uEK6Vr
She was a wicked bitch, but dedicated to Texas and the United States.

Unlike the ass clown who took her place.
She was a wicked bitch, but dedicated to Texas and the United States.

Unlike the ass clown who took her place. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I didn't realize that Trendy took her place.

I should have known all along!
To coin an Obama phrase , he won the election.
Cruz is doing exactly what the people in Texas sent him there to do.
He soundly defeated another Cornyn clone in Dewhearst.
Cornyn will have a hard battle in his primary and it will be interesting to see if the GOP will finance another loser. A majority of Texans are tired of country club poloticians failing to represent the state in the manner the mojority wants.

On another note, the Chicago Tribune had a poll asking if the GOP waas to blame for the shutdown.
Three choices were"
The Democrats were totally to blame
The GOP was totally to blame
Not sure

The results of about one hundred thousand votes was
Democrats at 2 to 1
about 1% did not know

I was only shucked that they actually let the poll stand after seeing the results.

What I was not surprised about was the total misdirection and out and out lies of the media during the whole shutdown.

You can resume your bitching now, we are another day closer to the 2014 elections.
Cornyn will have a hard battle in his primary and it will be interesting to see if the GOP will finance another loser. A majority of Texans are tired of country club poloticians failing to represent the state in the manner the mojority wants. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Who will be Cornyn's Tea Party opponent in the Republicant primary?
Who will be Cornyn's Tea Party opponent in the Republicant primary? Originally Posted by bigtex
Everybody thought it was going to be Dan Patrick, but he wants the position in Texas where the real power resides, the Lt Governor spot.

I don't think there will be a serious challenge to Cornyn, but I think he will be concerned enough to shift more to the right. Keep in mind, in most States, Cornyn would be an ultra conservative.
Oh, there will be a Tea Party challenger . . . proven by the last round of a Dewhurst campaign. Being "Ultra Conservative" just isn't enough . . .
If the "decision makers" perceive Cruz at risk for re-election, support will come for Cornyn.
Oh, there will be a Tea Party challenger . . . proven by the last round of a Dewhurst campaign. Being "Ultra Conservative" just isn't enough . . . Originally Posted by MooneyFlyer
Not selling out, would help.
I saw Cornyn walking along Town Lake the other day. Had to roll down the window and say, "Great Job, Big John." Fortunately all he saw was me flipping him off. His wife used to be hot, though...m