OBAMA'S "SCORCHED EARTH" POLICY

He can't get what he wants from Congress, he has been slapped by the Supreme Court in a record thirteen 9-0 decisions against him...........the clock on his presidency is running out of time and he will face a more hostile Congress after the mid-term elections.

He will do everything in his power (legal or not) to "transform" us. Even if it is against the will of the people.

Obama Announces Less Interior Immigration Enforcement
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...nt-joel-gehrke
This thread title is as good as any into which to assert this question:

Would it be a strategy to withdraw from an oil rich country and allow terrorists to invade it, take it over, and become oil barons overnight, which in turn drives up the cost of petrol (and other oil based products) and thereby convince voters and decision makers that "green energy" is the ONLY WAY to proceed to protect the U.S. from international dependency and obtain broader and more oppressive regulation of the energy resources in this country?
We really aren't dependent on that oil. Europe and China are.

LL, don't forget "The Obama Doctrine."
What is the Obama doctrine? Does anyone know? I know that part of it is to blame Bush, the GOP, the Tea Party, and anyone else in the vicinity but is that all? How about leading from behind? That worked out so well in Libya, Egypt, and Syria. We had four Americans killed, Egypt is on their second coup, and Syria just gave birth to even worse terrorists.
We really aren't dependent on that oil. Europe and China are. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Gasoline prices just went up, and it is suggested prices will continue rising.

We are "dependent" on the price of fuel.
What is the Obama doctrine? Does anyone know? I know that part of it is to blame Bush, the GOP, the Tea Party, and anyone else in the vicinity but is that all? How about leading from behind? That worked out so well in Libya, Egypt, and Syria. We had four Americans killed, Egypt is on their second coup, and Syria just gave birth to even worse terrorists. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Correct. Even the Democrats can't define it.

In my opinion, it means "Son, you're on your own."

from http://www.businessinsider.com/obama...t-speech2014-5

"When issues of global concern do not pose a direct threat to the United States, when such issues are at stake — when crises arise that stir our conscience or push the world in a more dangerous direction but do not directly threaten us — then the threshold for military action must be higher."
BHO has on several occasions stated its up to the concerned nations to step up and if they don't, we won't. This could be fine until you see fast moving situations like Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Ukraine, Georgia, etc which is how aggression is going to play out in the future. Also, it doesn't address nations putting together terror agents inside their own borders.

Gasoline prices just went up, and it is suggested prices will continue rising.

We are "dependent" on the price of fuel. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Correct. Like I said a month ago, I'm still long on oil.