pics

not talking about my showcase - talking about managing attachments

where do these things go? Where are they for me to delete them and start over?

I'm not able to upload any new pics, cant 'see' the pics that I have up there to get rid of them either....

I'm stuck.

HELP!

Hmmm I thought this was where like mods would answer your technical questions....lmfao I guess it's where you just post messages and hope. Thanks guys!!
I'm no tech expert, but I know on some sites, when you attach a picture, it shows your other attachments you've uploaded in the past and you can manage those. This is obviously what you're talking about and maybe there IS a way to remove them. Hopefully someone will step in. Give them some time...it is the weekend and most folks step away from the board at that time.

But from what I always assumed on this board and a few others, was that if you ATTACHED a photo as an attachment, it's probably more permanent (and I could be wrong here if there's some way to manage your attachments) on here as compared to uploading a photo via a link. If the photo you used (link wise) is linked to your own site or one that you have photos hosted on, then just by deleting or moving the photo on that particular site, will have an effect on this board where you placed the link. The photo will not display then.

Maybe when posting on most boards, try to be the one in control and post from your own hosting site. Though that won't stop folks from saving your pictures.
not talking about my showcase - talking about managing attachments

where do these things go? Where are they for me to delete them and start over?

I'm not able to upload any new pics, cant 'see' the pics that I have up there to get rid of them either....

I'm stuck.

HELP!

Originally Posted by amusemeant
This is actually a pretty easy fix...

1. Off to the left of the main forum page, you'll see a vertical toolbar titled Main Menu. The first choice in that toolbar is User CP. Click that.

2. On this next page, you'll see a very similar vertical toolbar entitled Your Control Panel. Scroll to the bottom of it and you'll see Attachments. Click on that.

3. You'll now see any attachments you have out in ECCIE-land. Simply check the box next to the attachment you wish to remove and click the Delete Selected button.
I work for donations. BTW. j/k
I work for donations. BTW. j/k Originally Posted by IDMT
What a coincidence...so do us ladies! LOL

I learned something new today.
Thanks for the explanation. (Deleting from within your CP will delete it from the appropriate thread too, right?)
Yes it will.
  • Mokoa
  • 06-25-2011, 05:50 PM
But from what I always assumed on this board and a few others, was that if you ATTACHED a photo as an attachment, it's probably more permanent (and I could be wrong here if there's some way to manage your attachments) on here as compared to uploading a photo via a link. If the photo you used (link wise) is linked to your own site or one that you have photos hosted on, then just by deleting or moving the photo on that particular site, will have an effect on this board where you placed the link. The photo will not display then. Originally Posted by tia travels
That is correct.
Thanks IDMT, I had no idea what the answer was nor that it could even be a problem.
Thanks IDMT, I had no idea what the answer was nor that it could even be a problem. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
My pleasure...happy to help.
Thank you very much and I'll give you a free kiss any time I see you! I choose the location!!!!!!! (of the kiss, not the meeting place - if you wanna take me out to lunch so I can give you the kiss you're welcome to do so)!!!!