Am I missing it

• GMTA
  • 06-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Is there a text only version of eccie it takes for ever to check the site on my phone . I have looked did I just overlook it somewhere .
Assuming you are using a smart phone, run a cache cleaner to get rid of all the little bits of code. Your App store will have them. Some of the free ones work very well. I like History Eraser.

Also, consider the App, Advanced Task Killer- it will allow you to turn off apps that are running needlessly. For most people, Google maps does not need to run 24/7, for example.

And lastly, power off your phone every now and then, every couple of days. When it re-starts it will re-set the default settings on the OS and keeps everything in tip-top shape.

After all, these are little computers and they need some attention now and then.

Moto Droid 1 user for years.
good luck.
The rumor is that a mobile version of the site is coming.
Suggestion for loading ECCIE on a slow mobile phone: Goto your UserCP and click Edit Options Once the page loads scroll down a bit and look for "Show Images, Show Avatars & Show Signatures" Uncheck each of those boxes for increased performance when browsing on a slow connection. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page to save changes.