The Official 2023 Texas Rangers Division Series and World Series Thread

Swept the Rays and the Orioles. How will they fare against Houston? By the way, I say ''World Series'', because it's good juju. Say it into existence!

Anyone going to a game? Tickets on sale in 9 hours, scattered single seats and standing room only, will be available through non-secondary sources.

I'll start. Rangers will take the Astros in 6 games.
I feel like we have to do it in 5. If we get forced back to Houston for games 6 and 7, our chances get slimmer. Not impossible, just a lot harder. So I am going to say Rangers in 5.

Im going to try and get tickets for one of the games here in Arlington
I feel like we have to do it in 5. If we get forced back to Houston for games 6 and 7, our chances get slimmer. Not impossible, just a lot harder. So I am going to say Rangers in 5.

Im going to try and get tickets for one of the games here in Arlington Originally Posted by RickyG2002
Good point, I don't think the Rangers can take them in 5 games, though. Maybe not at all. My prediction feels like wishful thinking
Swept the Rays and the Orioles. How will they fare against Houston? By the way, I say ''World Series'', because it's good juju. Say it into existence!

Anyone going to a game? Tickets on sale in 9 hours, scattered single seats and standing room only, will be available through non-secondary sources.

I'll start. Rangers will take the Astros in 6 games. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Been a fan a long, long time. This season has been a breathe of fresh air.

Go Rangers!!! Texas in 7.
If we can walk into Houston and steal one of the first two, that should give us confidence. If we steal both... pressure is on Houston.

Its going to come down to our bullpen. They locked it when it mattered in the playoffs so far. They need to keep it up. Bats need to stay hot.

I'll start. Rangers will take the Astros in 6 games. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Going to game 4 on Thursday. Got great seats. Although he’s been out for years, I’m having my Nolan Ryan Jersey from both rangers and Houston sewn together in the middle to have both team jerseys on at same time with his name.
Going to game 4 on Thursday. Got great seats. Although he’s been out for years, I’m having my Nolan Ryan Jersey from both rangers and Houston sewn together in the middle to have both team jerseys on at same time with his name. Originally Posted by Admiral Giggle
Are you going with WEC? I've heard he likes company at Rangers and Stars games. Lol
Are you going with WEC? I've heard he likes company at Rangers and Stars games. Lol Originally Posted by ntxguy
Classic! I wish I had your humor. Somebody who lives on this Site thinks I do

Going to game 4 on Thursday. Got great seats. Although he’s been out for years, I’m having my Nolan Ryan Jersey from both rangers and Houston sewn together in the middle to have both team jerseys on at same time with his name. Originally Posted by Admiral Giggle
Classic #2!

That's great. Word of caution. If a Reporter with a Cameraman spots you, they're going to want a photo for sure!
Assuming we are all rooting for the Rangers, who do you want to face in the World Series? Phillies or D-Backs?

Diamondbacks, I say. Sure they are a little hot now, but they were barely above .500 in the regular season. They'll cool off soon, and become THAT team again.
How do you think we fare against Verlander tonight?

I think he shuts down the Rangers. Hope I'm off, and the offense beats up on him.

Astros 5
Rangers 2

This is a participation thread, by the way.
You got the Rangers score right.. were off on the Astros. Rangers almost messed up in the 4th with loaded bases but were able to escape that. Evan Carter was amazing at Left Field all night.. that catch at the wall that resulted in a double play was the play of the game in my eyes. We went down to Houston and stole one. Now if we can steal tomorrow.. man I like our chances
You got the Rangers score right.. were off on the Astros. Rangers almost messed up in the 4th with loaded bases but were able to escape that. Evan Carter was amazing at Left Field all night.. that catch at the wall that resulted in a double play was the play of the game in my eyes. We went down to Houston and stole one. Now if we can steal tomorrow.. man I like our chances Originally Posted by RickyG2002
I like our chance period. If they can keep the intensity they showed last nite they can beat these assholes from the armpit.
Rangers steal both in H Town. This was more of a nail biter than game 1 but were able to shut them down when it mattered. That bases loaded with no outs in the bottom of the 5th had me scared, but Eovaldi was able to focus in and got us out of that mess. Alvarez is a fucking monster.. two dingers. Now we get to come home for 3 games. Astros are better on the road.. but if we can keep playing like we do, we can close them out at home.
  • slap
  • 10-21-2023, 11:40 PM
Christ. Swept two teams. Up two games and then they shit the bed real good. I think Houston closes it out next game
This series, road team has winning every game. Houston has been playing bad at home. Forced game 7.. all on the line now.

I was at game 5.... the air went out of that ballpark when the Astros took the final lead... and man we misplayed that 9th inning. Could have tied the game