Cedar Rapids Clarion

Just saw this in the news. If you're traveling through the area you might want to consider not staying here.

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/CR-...460638653.html
yea I would say stay away from this area in general.. Its known to have a lot of bust in that area. But its also sad people are working for Clarion and not getting paid. They have to feed there families too..
I just stayed there a few months back never had any issues..but that does suck..he should quit and get a different job..one that pays him.
bad area....I stayed there once when I first started visiting....the cops were called to a room along with an ambulance.There was a guy who beat up a BP gal.
Geez how sad- what an asshole to not pay his employees and especially this time of year. People usually get their backgrounds checked when they start employment places but it’s not like the employees are given the chance to check their boss’ and in this case I don’t think many would have signed up to work for a convicted thief.

Yes that whole area is a good one to avoid - everyone knows that’s where all kinds of illegal crap goes down whether it’s hobby related or not. I stayed at the residence Inn down there once and the clerk asked me why I was in town and I told him I was looking for an apartment because I had got a new job and I asked him if there were any parts of town I should be avoiding and he told me the southwest side to which I asked isn’t this the southwest side and he gave me this look and said yes LOL
I prefer the Jocelyn Inn or the Kelseytel. Both excellent picks. No bed bugs!