Red Light Cameras

Has anyone thought of the effects of the new red light cams may have on the hobby. I don't know much about there field of vision but I would hate to be seen one one while hobbling.
I know there is one by Memorial Hospital in Albany and there is a cheap hotel that I know some providers have used on the same corner. Other cams may be in areas often used by streetwalkers. Again I would not want to be on camera making a pick up....
Any thoughts ?
Has anyone thought of the effects of the new red light cams may have on the hobby. I don't know much about there field of vision but I would hate to be seen one one while hobbling.
I know there is one by Memorial Hospital in Albany and there is a cheap hotel that I know some providers have used on the same corner. Other cams may be in areas often used by streetwalkers. Again I would not want to be on camera making a pick up....
Any thoughts ? Originally Posted by crazy2old

When I read your post - my mind flashed to the overhead cameras that the networks use for NFL football games. Have a sliding camera on Central Ave in Albany area pick up strip OR on State Street / Brandywine/ Albany Street area. Now that's a for sure reason to stay away !! LOL
Don't sweat it. The cams only snap pics if the light is red and a car goes thru. Then software automatically reads the plate, looks up the owner, and mails the ticket. Manual review if challenged in court (sometimes). They don't look for background details.
  • iggy
  • 08-25-2015, 02:52 PM
In troy, news says they checking cameras for footage of 2 Officers being shot.

could they be different type cameras. ??

Iggy
Yes - they can tap into security cam footage if a crime has been committed. That's how downtown Boston is virtually dead
maybe they be different in Albany than in ROC

But the ones in Rochester NY take 3 pics.
And I have gotten 3 of them tickets
First one I stopped on the crosswalk for a ambulance go by. then the light chanced. I got out of that one.

Last one was in winter and I skidded, oh well errr fucking ice. Had to pay.

The best one I paid in hope no one would see the pic's. It was a short yellow. But I just paid it. A trucking company took that light and its cams to court. They won it as a class action. So I got a check and a letter from judge. Blah blah blah BTW why is nude lady in your vehicle not wearing her seat belt? Blah blah blah

I never answered that letter, just cashed the check LOL

Anyways, one of the pic's is a awesome pic of a gal nude, feet on the dash putting stocking on for her next call.
They fixed the light. But if she nude again as I driving that way. If I can do it safely, I'm driving throw that light just for the pic.
There are cameras in Albany for red light violators, which are marked. There are also many other cameras near traffic lights and intersections throughout the city which are monitored and kept for a certain amount of time. Your best bet is to stick with a designated meeting place and use caution.