Texting: One Long Message or Frequent Texting

I see on some ads "no excessive texting" and wondered if that's different than a long text. I tend to write a lot in all things, over explain myself. So when I text, I might send a 2 or 3 paragraph text. But I don't consistently text 4 or 5 times a day or even 2-3 days.

Is writing 1 thought per text & sending 10 texts better, worse, or the same as writing all 10 thoughts in one text?
I think you may be overthinking it, I believe a lot of ladies just don’t want a lots of texts unless you’re ready to schedule then a “I’d like to schedule with you”: is enough when and where etc….
  • BLM69
  • 12-18-2023, 09:43 PM
I hate when back to back texts come through, send one text and get to the point 👉, if it takes multiple texts, I prefer a phone call to save time
I think you may be overthinking it, I believe a lot of ladies just don’t want a lots of texts unless you’re ready to schedule then a “I’d like to schedule with you”: is enough when and where etc…. Originally Posted by Cendell M
I do overthink because I'm looking for something unique & want to be clear. However, my point was that I DON'T send a lot of texts. I send one long one that explains my desires & overthinking. Unfortunately, in today's world, everyone wants short answers. Not everything can be explained or answered with "you want to see me now" or "are you available now".
Multiple texts will ding your phone multiple times, so not a fan.

If I have a lot of explaining or details, I send an email and text "see your email for details".

Then I'm able to add white space for easier reading. One long text is awful to read.

I will send the initial short text - let's schedule something. Then wait for a response. That way if someone is busy, phone isn't constantly dinging or vibrating.

After the first response I may send multiple or longer or see mail for details, after you know the person is available and talking to you.
Maybe you should send a text that you would like to see them but you have some requests and ask if you can call them or they call you.
One long text is fine I hate the -

"Hello Brooke" ...

"This is James" ...

"43 white" ...

"Live in West Houston" ...

"Are you available?" ...

" Tuesday at noon? ...

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I do overthink because I'm looking for something unique & want to be clear. However, my point was that I DON'T send a lot of texts. I send one long one that explains my desires & overthinking. Unfortunately, in today's world, everyone wants short answers. Not everything can be explained or answered with "you want to see me now" or "are you available now". Originally Posted by papadee
Oh well excuse me I miss read what you were saying, but sure if you’ve met the person before you can always just say “ you available “ I don’t need a story book texted to my phone js….

^^ I love those texts tells me everything I need to screen
I think you may be overthinking it Originally Posted by Cendell M
+1
Stick to the way you have been doing it & include as many details as you see necessary in your initial communication.
If you type too much in one text it might get sent into 2 or 3 texts.

Providers basically don't want you to waste their time. If you are serious about seeing them get to the point.
If you type too much in one text it might get sent into 2 or 3 texts.

Providers basically don't want you to waste their time. If you are serious about seeing them get to the point. Originally Posted by farmstud60
Sometimes the point takes word than 5 words to get to.

And I don't want my time wasted by someone who says yes, then says no because things weren't clear.
Multiple texts will ding your phone multiple times, so not a fan.

If I have a lot of explaining or details, I send an email and text "see your email for details".

Then I'm able to add white space for easier reading. One long text is awful to read.

I will send the initial short text - let's schedule something. Then wait for a response. That way if someone is busy, phone isn't constantly dinging or vibrating.

After the first response I may send multiple or longer or see mail for details, after you know the person is available and talking to you. Originally Posted by pertpvyztrzv
Back in the day, emails did work much better & I have no problems with that. But emails are used less & less today. Part of it has been the change in the hobby the last 6-7 years. Providers have fewer websites, less info on P411, even here, no ads, less discussion amongst us. And unfortunately where I live, the quality has gone down. I'm tired of wasting my time and money with ones who initially agree & say they understand, but then balk because they didn't "truly" understand. Ah well, life goes on.
... But emails are used less & less today. Part of it has been the change in the hobby the last 6-7 years. Providers have fewer websites, less info on P411, even here, no ads, less discussion amongst us. And unfortunately where I live, the quality has gone down. I'm tired of wasting my time and money with ones who initially agree & say they understand, but then balk because they didn't "truly" understand. Ah well, life goes on. Originally Posted by papadee
Emails especially today, show up and ding just like texts. So not sure why everyone wants to text. Which means I have to have a burner so texts don't show up on the bill. Whatever.

For those that don't really understand, it's them not the phone. Most people in general don't really read or comprehend or care about what they just read. Only reading the headline or the first 2 lines or care.

When people say they can 'multitask' only means they do multiple things half-assed. Doing one thing well is too much to ask these days.
Sometimes the point takes word than 5 words to get to.

And I don't want my time wasted by someone who says yes, then says no because things weren't clear. Originally Posted by papadee
The point takes MORE than 5 words to get to.^^^
If you can't keep it short, send me an e-mail. But then, I am not a provider, so . .

How hard can it be to say, "I'd like to see you for two hours on Friday at (whatever)".

The response shouldn't need to be much longer either. The donation should be understood from their published rate and not refgerred to.