And Markets Are Starting To Crater...

Big drop today for most major markets. I'm sitting on a lot of cash but it still stings.

A Biden win would not surprise me. I won't be crying on election night a la Hillary supporters. I will be nervous however for the days after the election.

A Democratic sweep means disaster for most Americans who are legal and not government jobholders. Higher taxes, another nationwide lockdown, tighter environmental regulations, revamping of the medical industry to accomodate "Medicare for all"...all promised by Joe and Joe's DNC handlers.
How much cash you sitting on? Just curious.
Big drop today for most major markets. I'm sitting on a lot of cash but it still stings.

A Biden win would not surprise me. I won't be crying on election night a la Hillary supporters. I will be nervous however for the days after the election.

A Democratic sweep means disaster for most Americans who are legal and not government jobholders. Higher taxes, another nationwide lockdown, tighter environmental regulations, revamping of the medical industry to accomodate "Medicare for all"...all promised by Joe and Joe's DNC handlers. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Mostly a load of bullshit with nothing to back it up. I am sure taxes might be higher, someone has to pay for the Trump Virus and what it did to the economy. Tax in the form of upcoming massive inflation is almost a certainty. The whole medical industry is fucked and needs a complete overhaul. Handlers? You mean competent advisors, which Trump has none.
I think it's largely reacting to the fact that Nancy and Chuck are playing games again with the stimulus. Not that I want one to go out, it's just the uncertainty is a morale suck.
What do you expect when 220,000+ Americans have died, 100,000+ small businesses closed, millions of jobs are gone, and Trump surrendered to the coronavirus?

"It is what it is"
I think it's largely reacting to the fact that Nancy and Chuck are playing games again with the stimulus. Not that I want one to go out, it's just the uncertainty is a morale suck. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
That's a load of bull shit. They are haggling over 400 billion in all this. Does it really matter?
It's because of the virus.

Trump has not realized that there will not be significant sustainable economic recovery without the virus being dealt with in a definitive reasonable manner.

One of the first orders of business with a viral pandemic is to admit that there is one, and then the public has to be brought on board as to the seriousness of it and the simple health measures such as masks and distancing need to be reinforced.

Publicly mocking Covid Covid Covid is not a good rational policy.

Trump survived the Covid virus but it has "killed" him politically.
The drop in the market today was due to the increase in coronavirus cases and the lack of a stimulus package.

"The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 650 points Monday as coronavirus cases surged, adding to worries about the economic outlook after Congress and the White House failed to agree on a much-anticipated fiscal stimulus deal."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/global-...20-11603706439
Buy when others are selling on panic, sell when others are buying - seems to still work.
A lot are just selling off before the election, things can go either way, long term it will just be a bump in the road.
Welcome to Trump’s economy... he could have been a leader and instilled confidence, he choose to show he’s a sociopathic narcissistic who only cares about himself.
Just imagine if that dirtbag continues to fuck the country up for 4 more.
I saw republican post about how republicans don’t cry they buy ammo, hope they already stockpiled because that’s like finding tp in April.
Same crap every four years.
Everyone stops buying for a couple weeks or so until the election dust settles.
That's a load of bull shit. They are haggling over 400 billion in all this. Does it really matter? Originally Posted by royamcr

No, it is not just about $400 billion. That is a simplistic observation when the reality is more complex. From the Republican's point of view, it is about what the money will be used for. Although I am pro choice in the matter of a certain word we are banned from using, to add millions of dollars to a Corona virus relief bill to subsidize such industry is beyond absurd.

Nothing and I mean nothing should be in this bill that can not be directly tied to the virus and the havoc it has caused. This is what McConnell said about the Democrat House bill.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Tuesday morning panned the House bill as “an ideological wish list that was not tailored closely to the circumstances."
“Instead of focusing on immediate relief to affected individuals, families and businesses, the House Democrats chose to wander into various areas of policy that are barely related if at all to the issue before us,” McConnell said.
Have you heard about the Safe Act? I'll let you read it for yourself since it takes us into a conversation we are not allowed to have on this board. Let me say again, this isn't about being for or against this product. It is about "what the fuck does this have to do with Corona virus relief and can't this wait for proper legislative discussion at another time" and this is but one example of what I'm talking about.

https://mjbizdaily.com/democrats-cov...nabis-banking/

Or how about this.

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigrat...gration-agenda

Democrats are officially the party of illegal immigration. Most of them will deny being in favor of illegal immigration, but Democrats in Congress put the final nail in the coffin of plausible deniability on that very front.
Despite knowing full well that the idea would go nowhere in the Senate, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi insisted that the next round of coronavirus relief include a $1,200 check for every illegal alien in the country. Nearly all House Democrats voted in favor of awarding taxpayer funds to those residing in the United States in such open defiance of federal law.
It is rare that the partisan divide on immigration is set in such stark relief, but when it does happen, it exposes the undeniable fact that one of the two major political parties in the country has, as a principle, the goal of placing the interests of illegal aliens ahead of American citizens.

The Democrat House bill is full of crap like this. If all the crap like this was eliminated, Republicans would be for most "appropriate' relief monies.

While this is about a dollar amount, it is by no means only about the dollar amount.

I have seen my 401k rise 26% in the last couple of quarters but if Biden wins and the Democrats control the Senate and House, I'll probably put my money in a 1% CD rather than see it all disappear in a Biden administration.

just wait Joeys and the hoe get in the market is done,,,,,
just wait Joeys and the hoe get in the market is done,,,,, Originally Posted by rexdutchman
Thank you Mr. Lynch!

Can I take that to the bank?

Out of curiosity, if this is a naturally occurring phenomenon, why is Trump lying about it?