Issues with PM's?

Tech question -- I've attempted to send a couple of PM's in the last 2 days, and they are not appearing in my Sent folder. Is there any way to tell if those are getting to the intended recipient? First time I've ever had this problem.
To answer my own question, I got a response so the message got there -- it's still not showing up in my Sent folder or in confirmation status. Puzzling. Any info is appreciated.
To answer my own question, I got a response so the message got there -- it's still not showing up in my Sent folder or in confirmation status. Puzzling. Any info is appreciated. Originally Posted by jmgorilla
Digging around both the User Control Panel and the Private Messaging interface, there may be two settings you want to check:

1) Go to "ECCIE Worldwide > User Control Panel > Edit Options". in "Edit Options" there's a section called "Private Messaging", and in that section there's a checkbox called "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default". You may want to check that box, and it should solve your problem (if that box is already checked, then there's some issue with the board software that I'm not competent to diagnose).

2) At the bottom of the PM reply edit window there are a number of checkboxes labeled "Miscellaneous Options". One of those option checkboxes is labled "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder". Make sure that's checked, too (though it should be checked if you've checked the "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" box in the User Control Panel).

If both those are checked, I don't know what the issue is.

Good luck!

Cheers,

bcg
Thanks BCG! I'll double check -- I haven't changed the options in 7 years, so unless it defaulted back to something different I think it's a software issue.

Cheers!