Has a Dog changed your life?

I'm not your average dog. I Graduated waggna cum lade at age three, worked in foreign services, speak 8 languages; I am working for government funded science projects, and I am also successful stockbroker (the Woof of Wallstreet) and recently starred in a major motion picture

Many of you have known some dogs who were incredible in their own way. One of my comrades, Marley is a more typical pooch who had a best-selling book. It's something about our unconditional love that tends to get to you humans.

When you arrive home at night, our keen sense of smell allows us to quickly determine everywhere that you have been, everything that you have done, and even the emotional condition that you are currently in. We love you anyways.

Tell us a short story about something you remember about your pooch. Please, no cat stories here; let them get their own thread.

Attachment 303352

My dog growing up was my first friend. I could hug him and cry on him when I thought my parents were being unfair. He was a good dog/friend. He knew all my secrets. I miss him greatly even though he passed away a long time ago.
I found out when I moved to Texas how allergic I am to animals and has made me very sad not owning a dog.
  • Loxly
  • 04-09-2014, 05:53 PM
I miss my Samoyed. She definitely wouldn't be able to handle the heat down here.
I loved my dog like crazy! Most of the gentlemen took a liking to em' too!

I thought I was saving my dog, but my dog saved me. Pretty much everyone loved that dude!!
I had a dog named Tinker Hell, she was 6.7lb chihuahua, my best friend and protector. Well as much as a chihuahua could be. She would ride with me
On the motorcycle and went to all kinda of rallies with my friends and I. She was not your typical little dog, and she never met a stranger.
She died too young and I was utterly heartbroken and sick.

We had a great doggie funeral for her. She is buried in the front yard of my farm. There will never be another like her... Although I have met a few that come close. :-)
I've got numerous stories....
My dad brought a german shepherd home around the time I was born. I don't really remember him, just stories my mom used to tell me. I was told that if I was doing something wrong, like trying to climb on a chair, he's pull me off. They got rid of him because he broke a chain and a screen door to get to my mom once when she was trying to spank me. I was only a toddler so don't know if that really happened.
In grade school, we had a collie mix that was actually my sister's. He would walk her to school, then come back to walk me to school, came back for recess and to walk me home. He got his back leg run over while walking home from the store with my sister.
The next dog was my ex-in-law's dog. When I was dating my ex, she would start with her nose between us and would slowly work her way up until her entire body was between us. LOL. She was very protective once I had kids. Any time I would go over with them, she would be very close at hand. I remember her dander going up when one of my ex's brother's friends came over. She got abused by the kids when they were young, yet never growled or snapped at them. She looked like a brown bear, part collie and german shepherd and maybe something else, we were never sure. She would allow the girls to ride her like a pony, pull her fur, hit her when we were teaching them to pet, but never tried to snap at them. Damn, now I'm remembering that dog and miss her...
It wasn't my dog, but this is a true story.
I was adjusting Katrina claims back in late 2005 and early 2006. One of my insureds told me that they'd had a golden retriever that had mysteriously disappeared four months before Katrina hit. The storm did a tremendous amount of damage to their property, and they made the decision to relocate about a week later. On the morning this family was to leave, as they were loading up their pickup truck, one of the children noticed their dog, sitting patiently by the front gate, wagging its tail. They never knew where it had gone, and they never knew how or why it returned, but return it did.