Stupid fuckin dealers!

I realize that this should totally be in a auto oriented forum but for reasons that I can't always explain I like most everyone here so you get my rantings, sorry in advance!
I genuinely enjoy working on my cars, next to the reason I'm here, it's my favorite form of relaxation. Usually.
Why must every single part on modern vehicles have to not only come from the dealer but have to be 2 weeks or more out of stock? Parts for a jaguar, i get that, they're not in every driveway and some delays due to limited availability are to be expected, but common suspension and steering parts for a Ford Super Duty? Really? These trucks are more common than opinions and assholes and Ford says it'll take 2 weeks to get parts delivered?I can't go anywhere without 95 people waving because they think I'm their cousin, uncle, brother, friend etc who has a truck just like mine, yet I can't get parts? Arghhh Arghhh and more Arghhh! Thanks for letting me rant and hope I haven't pissed off too many people by ranting here:ranting :
It takes forever to get my Maserati fixed

Attachment 224232

Oh and my 1976 AMC Pacer

Attachment 224233

which is far more valuable,,,,,
I would rather have the pacer! Lol. My jag is hardly new enough to be in a show, if it was it'd be at the dealer getting work done under warranty, in about 2 weeks!
Pick and Pull..
Truman roads has some places.
Just an idea, don't if that will help, but good luck
There's a place in Lenexa that carries truck parts, LMC trucks parts.
Pick and Pull..
Truman roads has some places.
Just an idea, don't if that will help, but good luck
There's a place in Lenexa that carries truck parts, LMC trucks parts. Originally Posted by Helicopter206
Thanks bro, but though I can do without the car, a toy not a necessity, I NEED my truck and it's just new enough that the boneyards don't have what I need (and do I really want suspension and steering parts from a wreck?) and but not old enough that O'Reilly and autozone say anything but go to the dealer, very frustrating. I'll manage, it just aggravates me that an 07 ford super duty is hard to get parts for, i mean they're EVERY WHERE!
Thanks for the info though, for real
Have you tried Midway Ford near Worlds of Fun, their open weekends and almost always have what you need in stock.
Not yet, but I will now and appreciate the info, for real!
The dealers are all networked..they pull parts from each other. Sounds like more of a actual car maker issue or the part or parts you are seeking are in a lot of demand..

Did they tell you why? Backorder perhaps?
It takes forever to get my Maserati fixed

Attachment 224232

Oh and my 1976 AMC Pacer

Attachment 224233

which is far more valuable,,,,, Originally Posted by BigDeal
I assume your female friends name is Maserati and you want her tubes tied or something, because I saw no car in that first pic. The second car sucks because it is missing a red licorice dispenser missing.
A few years ago I needed a left waterpump for a 52 ford the guy came
back blew the dust off the box and put it on the counter.
I go a few weeks ago for a starter for a dodge Newer moldel pick-up
A week and a half shipping from Ariz. Lucky it was a stick.
The dealers are all networked..they pull parts from each other. Sounds like more of a actual car maker issue or the part or parts you are seeking are in a lot of demand..

Did they tell you why? Backorder perhaps? Originally Posted by malwoody
The parts I need are on back order, which does happen, the frustration stems from my belief that parts for a common vehicle should be fairly common as well! Next time you go traverse the streets of the city, count how many ford super duty pickups you see. Probably lose count at oh I don't know... A gazillion?
I realize I can't walk into O'Reilly Auto parts and expect them to plunk down a set of timing chains, tensioners etc for a jaguar 4.0 v8, but a set of lockout hubs and associated gaskets and seals for the most common vehicle on the road today? Very very aggravating!
They swear the common lack of parts availability (not the first go around with this issue) is because the trucks are so tough and seldom break down. I have to give them credit, that has held fairly true
I assume your female friends name is Maserati and you want her tubes tied or something, because I saw no car in that first pic. The second car sucks because it is missing a red licorice dispenser missing. Originally Posted by bigryan222
Your right as a matter of fact I completely missed the car as well all I saw was a blur of white and boobs...figured it had to be as fast a a Maserati!

Damn the luck now I have to go look for that Dispenser for my piece of crap
I have had alot of luck with Rockautodotcom and partsdotcom.

If I order on Monday I usually get it by Friday.
It doesn't help that while Claycomo has ramped up production on the F-150, the Super Duty is made in Louisville and they don't share the same suspension parts.
partsgeek.com