Blacks barbecue opening in Austin! What's your take??

I think it's great .....now I don't have to drive to Lockhart anymore!!

http://austin.eater.com/archives/201...in-january.php

HAS anyone tried the San Marcos location?

What is the best barbecue place in your opinion ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm also excited to try the Hyde Park IN and OUT burger which opened yesterday.....
Apparently, it won't be quite the same: http://austin.eater.com/archives/201...-tradition.php
Let's hope they get it together because I love MEAT
Moved to proper forum

sixx
Apparently, it won't be quite the same: http://austin.eater.com/archives/201...-tradition.php Originally Posted by Fratelli
Tha "same" h'yar is all "relative", liter'ly an' figgur'tively. Assumin' tha boys is right thet thar uncle ain't makin' tha sides frum scratch no more an' he ain't usin' a pit ta make the Bar-beh-chow. Thar grub might not be tha "same" as thar uncle's but it wuld be tha "same" as thar Pee-Paw. Relatives! Whut's up with thet?
New places are never as good as the original, just saying.
Blacks is not my favorite...... I live a couple of blocks from the new location..... every other restaurant there has failed badly.......I guess they are reasoning Blacks BBQ Freaks will go there enough to buck the bad juju of the bulding
I love me some Smitty's BBQ brisket. I also like the brisket sandwich at Opie's in spicewood. Also love Salt Lick in Driftwood only. As far as Blacks BBQ goes it can keep goin, not a big fan of that place.
I had Black's once and enjoyed it more than Kreutz. If I am in Lockhart, I prefer Chisolm Trail.

sixx
Blacks is not my favorite...... I live a couple of blocks from the new location..... every other restaurant there has failed badly.......I guess they are reasoning Blacks BBQ Freaks will go there enough to buck the bad juju of the bulding Originally Posted by sunspots
Let's hope something can make it in that location I can't even remember all the names it has had over the years time will tell
Ive always liked smittys...... before my son deployed last spring... we went bbq hopping in Lockhart.. we both liked smittys the best.. my son really liked the sauce and ribs at blacks though

QUOTE=Lone wanderer;1054713803]I love me some Smitty's BBQ brisket. I also like the brisket sandwich at Opie's in spicewood. Also love Salt Lick in Driftwood only. As far as Blacks BBQ goes it can keep goin, not a big fan of that place.[/QUOTE]
they might just have the angle to buck the location history

Let's hope something can make it in that location I can't even remember all the names it has had over the years time will tell Originally Posted by Daddyslilslut
Ive always liked smittys...... before my son deployed last spring... we went bbq hopping in Lockhart.. we both liked smittys the best.. my son really liked the sauce and ribs at blacks though

QUOTE=Lone wanderer;1054713803]I love me some Smitty's BBQ brisket. I also like the brisket sandwich at Opie's in spicewood. Also love Salt Lick in Driftwood only. As far as Blacks BBQ goes it can keep goin, not a big fan of that place. Originally Posted by sunspots
[/QUOTE]

Let me add I LOVE MEAT..... Ijs if it's warm