Placing Bets on Presidential Race

Any one here willing to place substantial bets on Romney? Only interested in bets that are enforceable with funds held by third party pending election results. Contact me via PM.
Well. Time to put up or shut-up. I don't think they'll do either one.
Straight up or are you giving electoral college points?
You may know that there are a couple of web sites such as intrade.com and a few others based overseas that allow bets on most anything.
I guess that there are Federal laws that prohibit using the U.S. banking system for such bets, similar to the poker sites.
Nevertheless, there are ways around the laws.
What is substantial rich boy ?
Any one here willing to place substantial bets on Romney? Only interested in bets that are enforceable with funds held by third party pending election results. Contact me via PM. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
TTH I have made a very nice offer to Whirlway several months ago- he seems so confident that Obama will lose but yet he doesn't want to back it up- I have asked WW several times to take me up on my offer.
I think the race is going to be a little tighter than what I expected a few months ago.

. . . Nevertheless, my money is still on President Obama.

Can I get in? Say only 1K - even money that Obama wins and we hear four more years of bitch and moan.
Look! The motor-mouths here have grown suddenly silent! Do you suppose they are smart enough to realize they'll lose?

It couldn't be they KNOW they are wrong and that others are smart enough to spot it, could it?

LMAO
There is a difference between who will win and who should win. I don't have much hope that that person will be the same man. It will be hard enough to come by money honestly after Obama is re-elected. If I bet on who should win, I will have less than I did before. Obama will win, but he shouldn't.
Any one here willing to place substantial bets on Romney? Only interested in bets that are enforceable with funds held by third party pending election results. Contact me via PM. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Depending upon the exact definition of "substantial" and who the "third party" might be, I could easily be persuaded.

Would anyone care to hazard a guess on which candidate I am betting on?

TTH I have made a very nice offer to Whirlway several months ago- he seems so confident that Obama will lose but yet he doesn't want to back it up- I have asked WW several times to take me up on my offer. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
I hope you're not holding your breath waiting for Whirly to take you up on your "nice offer."
There is a difference between who will win and who should win. I don't have much hope that that person will be the same man. It will be hard enough to come by money honestly after Obama is re-elected. If I bet on who should win, I will have less than I did before. Obama will win, but he shouldn't. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I hope you mean that you think a third party SHOULD win. Anyone who actually believes that Romney would be better than Obama probably voted for Geo W., twice. And didn't fucking learn the first time. By all means, let's keep making the same stupid shit political decisions.

TTH, good luck getting any one of these political post whores to take you up on it, but you would never collect, anyway.
I don't know what you consider substantial but I will bet you $500.00 that Romney wins. As for a third party holding the funds who did you have in mind. Why would I trust anyone that I don't know to hold the money?
Straight up or are you giving electoral college points? Originally Posted by trynagetlaid
Given the confidence shown by all the right wingers here, sounds like I should be getting odds. I'll consider all propositions, but if I wanted to give odds, I'd just go to Intrade or bet with a British bookmaker on my next trip.

Substantial? Say up to $10k?

Bets are determined by the winner of the electoral college, or if EC tie, who is eventually sworn in. (Popular vote is irrelevant.)

Budman, let me think on no third party. I might be willing to do that for an amount as small as $500. But you say you wouldn't be willing to let a third party hold the money because you don't know them. By the same token, I would be reluctant to trust a third party I don't know -- in this case you -- to honor their side of a bet when I knw that I am going to honor my side. Although I have not asked him about it, nor do I know him personally, I was considering Shyster John as the third party.
I never said "WE WILL WIN" or "ROMNEY". Hell, TTH you waste more money on a 2 week vacation than I make in a year. Remember how we lived in the 60's and 70's. Thats how we should live from now on. Even our welfare class is spoiled rotten....FUCK

Now you rich fucks can do what you want. Y'all are no different than the very people you are bitching about....Hypocrites