Forum Clean-up

I’ve noticed several threads that have not been moved to their proper forums, as has happened in a timely manner in the past. Have the related rules changed?
Staff is short handed. Right now eccie has only 2 staff members putting in the work everyday. Bio and the dr..
  • Uomo
  • 04-21-2024, 09:49 AM
Is there an application form to become a mod? I'll give up a few hours a day/week to help the cause.
Have they been RTM'ed?
Have they been RTM'ed? Originally Posted by DarthMaul
I have not RTM’d them. I was under the impression that you could receive infraction points RTM’ing too many posts.
I have not RTM’d them. I was under the impression that you could receive infraction points RTM’ing too many posts. Originally Posted by Bowser98

Then some member of the board staff needs to define 'too many' before they go around pointing people. A search of the guidelines doesn't find anything at all about using too many RTM's. How can someone be pointed if it's not in the guidelines? Then again, maybe it's just made up as the management goes along depending on who the member is and how popular they are. If I'm wrong and I missed it in the guidelines, my apologies in advance.
Staff is short handed. Right now eccie has only 2 staff members putting in the work everyday. Bio and the dr.. Originally Posted by winn dixie

What happened to unique carpenter?
What happened to unique carpenter? Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
He stepped down.
What happened to unique carpenter? Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
Resigned early March.
To much going on in RW.
The West Kansas ranch thing and ECG and I both running new civie contract jobs for 21 months on top of that, even though we're supposed to be watching sunrises and sunsets.

As for the rtm thing, simply don't waste staff time on bs. But it is there for a reason, as Darth mentions
Is there an application form to become a mod? I'll give up a few hours a day/week to help the cause. Originally Posted by Uomo

I could be fair and have a lot of experience, but they wouldn't want me. I would have zero tolerance for those little children playing games with multiple usernames, and I would perma-ban them without thinking for even a second. They would last a day or two until it's obvious they're having multiple handles or having another handle after being banned of different occasions. My justification would be rule 17. Plus anybody who does this adds NOTHING to these forums but acting like a child.
I could be fair and have a lot of experience, but they wouldn't want me. I would have zero tolerance for those little children playing games with multiple usernames, and I would perma-ban them without thinking for even a second. They would last a day or two until it's obvious they're having multiple handles or having another handle after being banned of different occasions. My justification would be rule 17. Plus anybody who does this adds NOTHING to these forums but acting like a child. Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
It's hard to verify a bandle. They have to be sure, for many reasons.
I could give many examples of how it can be bad to ban every suspected new handle. But I'll give one.
When I first started wakeup was convinced I was either rr or Whispers. I don't think he ever changed his mind. No matter how many folk told him otherwise. So I do appreciate the staff having criteria in identifying bandles.
  • Uomo
  • 04-22-2024, 11:41 AM
MAC addresses don't lie, that is how other sites keep multiple handles at bay. you can mask certain things like IP or country, but your MAC address(es) don't change
MAC addresses don't lie, that is how other sites keep multiple handles at bay. you can mask certain things like IP or country, but your MAC address(es) don't change Originally Posted by Uomo

Yes, that is correct. I was lead admin on a huge forum and had keys to all the goodies. One thing we did was work with members, doing virtually everything we could do avoid issuing infractions. We didn't get off having the power and prestige being mods and admins giving points when a warning and edit would suffice.

9/6/23
I have not RTM’d them. I was under the impression that you could receive infraction points RTM’ing too many posts. Originally Posted by Bowser98
Sir

The only way points would be given for using the RTM function would be using it as spam in my time here I’ve not seen anyone get pointed for this.