Need ideas

I'm going to a wedding and I don't know what to get. What is a good idea for a gift? I kinda thought about just a card with a gift card, but what is an amount that doesn't seem cheap, but is not too expensive? Ideas? They are not registered.
I would think that $50.00 would be enough unless its someone really close to you, then 100.00 would be better, thats my thought anyways.
Good deal Thanks
You can always go the route of a gift card to a nice restaurant, but then again the gift card works anywhere. That is a tough one. Usually they list what they need...items/money. All I know is that I'm kinda hungry now and I'm gonna go use my subway gift card. Cappuccino Machine!
Pep, the gift card is the best way to go --particularly to a lowes,home dept, or target. young couples are always in need of stuff like that! while restaurant cards are good, some places may not suit their taste! i think the amounts anywhere from $50-100 are fine! obviously friendship or whether they are related factors into the amount you may want to give!
I would think that $50.00 would be enough unless its someone really close to you, then 100.00 would be better, thats my thought anyways. Originally Posted by fher76
Ditto.
Assuming it is not a relative, (which would just open a whole can of fucked up worms!) offer the groom a free session!!! LOL

But in all seriousness, if you're still a student/young, I think 50-100 is plenty for a gift card. One from Linens and Things or one of those stores which sells frilly towels and crap for a new house/homestead for newly-weds would be best! Have fun at the wedding.
100 gift card to any divorce lawyer?
6 months into marriage, that will certainly come in handy!

[QUOTE=Marcus78;1434923]Assuming it is not a relative, (which would just open a whole can of fucked up worms!) offer the groom a free session!!! LOL
$50?? I give atleast $60 to kids birthdays. I gave my cousin $150 back in 2006 and I thought that was peanuts.
Clearly, incognito isis, you are not from around here...
Pretty pinche latinalover. When is the last time you sat in a divorce lawyer's office and forked over less than $5,000.

Nice idea though. Beats a waffle iron.
Clearly, incognito isis, you are not from around here... Originally Posted by FootLong
What do you mean? Are you guys thrifty down there?
  • DaMan
  • 07-01-2011, 09:16 PM
How about this: Go to Tiffany & Co and buy a pair of champagne flutes. You can get them for a total of about 50-60 bucks. The blue box will blow the newlyweds away, you show off your great taste and it didn't cost that much.
Get them a toaster! Lol I'm kidding gift cards are the way to go for sure! If your on the fence about how much, then give 75.00