Facebook - Data Mining

• wiggy
  • 04-29-2010, 04:01 AM
I thought I warn everyone that Facebook keeps tract of your internet activities.

I don't recommend that you stay on Facebook and surf the internet because Facebook automatically has a feature that allows it to "share" (keep track of) all your id to other log in websites unless you turn it off. It is a default feature. With that being said, I also don't recommend that you select "keep me logged in" feature on Facebook at all because of the mining of personal info of Facebook. Changing your real name is pointless now that Facebook is setting this feature as default.

I also noticed that for some reason my friends suggestion on Facebook would end up being emails I use for business contacts only that I never associate as friends.

Soon I am going to delete my Facebook account. Unless you lawyers on this site want to start up another class action lawsuit. There are already two that I know of with Facebook. One just settled.

Watch this video and let me know if this freaks you out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B37wW9CGWyY
Very interesting. Never had facebook, my space or any of those social networking sites because of this exact reason.
you need to be carefull, one of the largest healthcare groups in Texas uses spokeo.com to gather information on employees. based on something mined from a google chat a friend of mine was terminated from his job for participating in swinger clubs with his spouse. Hea has contacted an attorney but it does not look good. "the internet is not private it is public so what you do and say online cane bite you.