Helpful Hints/Suggestions For Providers.... & Hobbyist Visiting Houston.

This is your one stop source for having a productive/enjoyable stay in our fine city. Hopefully we can fill this with places/areas to stay. Fine dining establishments. Featured attractions, & other tips/tricks to maximize all Houston has to offer. So I'll offer some basics off the top of my head & everyone else can chip in on their own experiences. Enjoy.

Places:
Ladies... Gents... not sure of what part of town to stay in? Well here's a few off the top.

-Galleria.
General area of Westheimer. Running west form Loop 610 to give or take Chimney Rock. Filled with many fine 2-4 star hotels. Get your fill on the trend setters, & A to D list celebrities. Not to mention the many fine restaurants & clothing stores. A bit of a warning though. Traffic in the area can be... is hectic quite often. So gents please plan 15-30min in advance for traffic.

-Energy Corridor.
Runs along I-10 West (Katy Freeway) between Hwy-6 & Gessner. Like the Galleria in many cases minus the celebs. Memorial City Mall will be the focal point of entertainment & the likes. I would be remiss in not mentioning the Marq*E. About 4-5miles east. It host the Improv Comedy Club.

To be continued...
Dorian, how is it that you consider the Galleria to be as central as you can get? Wouldn't downtown be the most "central" part of Houston?
Where did he say it was as central as you can get?

From a hobbiest perspective I would choose to see a chick in the galleria over downtown any day of the week. I find downtown confusing and parking is a bitch IMO.

Edit: sorry Brooke I didn't realize he edited it.
Maybe this should be stickied and put in bold capital flashing letters, heh.
Yeah that's been suggested before but was never done. Blowpop made a great list once before and it got buried.
Nah, It's way more fun to bust a new hooktard's chops for not using the search function.
It's my one good deed a year.
Places Continued:
-The Woodlands/1960
For those entering through IAH, & don't want to travel further south. I've only been up there a few times myself. Pretty good hotels I believe. Cynthia Woods Pavilion & Lake Houston are some of the attractions.

-Downtown
*I believe this is more for the gents.*
Obviously heart of the business community. Nightlife is coming back to the area on weekends. Not to mention a few minutes from midtown that already has a thriving scene. Theaters a plenty. I'll honestly say this might be a better playground for gentlemen visiting who like multi-hour/dinner appts of the outcall variety.

Food/Entertainment:
I don't know how many of Drake's songs talk about Houston Strip Clubs but here are a few you might wanna try out. I'm sure others will add on but I wanted to spread out the areas.

St. James
https://plus.google.com/110360283487...ut?gl=us&hl=en

The Men's Club
https://plus.google.com/109590807721...ut?gl=us&hl=en

Michael's
https://plus.google.com/104284563224...ut?gl=us&hl=en

Gold Cup
https://plus.google.com/102162439072...ut?gl=us&hl=en

To be continued...
Medical Center seems good, especially in regard to events such the rodeo, conferences, etc. Plus it's very convenient to many major highways. Kind of hope they develop the Astrodome into a multi-use space with a high-end hotel.

Downside being, surprising lack of decent restaurants, and also a lack of nightlife.
Dorian, what's your hourly rate baby?
Galleria is always a nice location for visiting providers to stay or as DG said the Energy Corridor area is also nice too.
Medical Center seems good, especially in regard to events such the rodeo, conferences, etc. Plus it's very convenient to many major highways. Kind of hope they develop the Astrodome into a multi-use space with a high-end hotel.

Downside being, surprising lack of decent restaurants, and also a lack of nightlife. Originally Posted by Liliana Vess
I agree with everything you just said. Proximity to hospitals opens up a valuable healthcare professional niche. Although there is much to be desired as far as restaurants and entertainment are concerned, it is very convenient to Rice Village, which suits my needs fine. I'm able to get anywhere I want to go within thirty minutes due to the 610 loop and 288.
I agree with everything you just said. Proximity to hospitals opens up a valuable healthcare professional niche. Although there is much to be desired as far as restaurants and entertainment are concerned, it is very convenient to Rice Village, which suits my needs fine. I'm able to get anywhere I want to go within thirty minutes due to the 610 loop and 288. Originally Posted by theCFE
I agree, the convenience of getting anywhere fast is great. We also tend to utilize Rice Village/Kirby area for food. If a visiting provider had a car, I think that would be excellent, or alternately, the rail *gasp*!

I have just always been surprised that there are not more cafes and/or coffee shops as I would normally associate with a student-y area, but I guess medical students are too serious business for that!
If you're in the Med Center then you're not far from midtown and then downtown. Just shoot up Main or Fannin. For two bucks you can also ride the choo choo to downtown. All the places to eat in the Med Center are inside all the hospitals except for the few there on Fannin or Main close to Methodist. If you go down further to OST there's lots of places to eat but nothing special. You're also close to the loop and there's plenty of places to eat there. Traffic is what slows shit down in this city, otherwise nothing is that far away but I'm used to being up all night so I feels for you daywalkers out there and your traffic nightmares.